35 hours per week
The post holder will work business hours (9 am-5 pm with one hour for lunch), but occasionally may be required to be flexible, working as required during evenings and at weekends.
- Organise and prioritise workload, using own initiative and knowledge of the work with minimum supervision from the CEO
- Manage diary of CEO, arranging appointments and meetings as appropriate and ensuring the CEO has all relevant papers to be discussed.
- Arranging travel where necessary
- Prepare papers and prepare reports required by the CEO to attend meetings
- Maintain clear and effective financial systems, including invoicing, accounts payable, reconciling bank accounts and producing financial updates.
- Maintain the organisation's communication channels, including posting press releases etc. on digital platforms (website/social media)
- Arrange board meetings when required and take accurate minutes. Ensure that matters arising from meetings are dealt with by the appropriate people within agreed timescales
- To draft correspondence and prepare other documentation to the CEO's specification
- Assist with events
- Maintain a high degree of confidentiality with regard to issues concerning the organisation and all stakeholders.
- Respond positively with tact, sensitivity, and awareness to all stakeholders in relation to duties undertaken.
It is important to note that the office manager will spend most of the working week alone, as the only other member of staff, the CEO, spends a lot of time out of the office.
- Have a good general education with a minimum of 5 GCSEs (A-C) or equivalent
- Minimum 5 years experience in an administrative role
- Ability to work unsupervised, think clearly, to identify objectives and prioritise effectively
- Ability to create and develop positive working relationships
- Excellent organisational skills with a flexible and innovative approach to deal with changing situations and new opportunities
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills to be able to deal with people of all levels and to develop relationships with stakeholders
- Experience of SAGE
- Experience of website content management/social media
To be considered for this position, please forward your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org