Temporary administrators required for a large public sector organisation based in the Royal Victoria Hospital through the Belfast Trust. To include weekend work.
Rate of Pay: 10.09
Location: Royal Victoria Hospital, Belfast
- To provide a secretarial and administrative service to staff employed.
- To effectively deal with telephone calls from other individuals or organisations, taking messages, ensuring follow up and resolving any problems as appropriate.
- To type and process letters and reports using audio dictation and/or word processing methods as required and ensure follow up actions are completed in accordance with local policies and procedures.
- Organisation of courses including arranging venues, registration of participants, maintaining registers and the organisation and preparation of certificates.
- To deal with incoming and outgoing correspondence as required, providing information, directing and prioritizing queries as appropriate, to ensure efficiency and effectiveness of service delivery.
- To maintain records both manual and computerised in an accurate and timely way an in accordance with local policies and procedures. Extract, collate and summarise data to enable preparation of standard verbal, written or statistical reports or returns.
- To liaise internally with other Trust departments and externally with other Health and Social Care Trusts, private sector customers and suppliers as required.
- To participate in meetings and take minutes as and when required. Process and distribute minutes.
- Provide limited cover for the Business Manager as and when required carrying out duties commensurate with grade.
- Manage the procurement of stationery and cleaning supplies and request courier services for staff when required.
- Such other duties that may be assigned.
Five GCSE's Grade C or above (to include English Language) or equivalent. and 2 years secretarial/administrative experience.
NVQ Level 2 in Administration and 2 years secretarial/administrative experience.
3 year's secretarial experience* and GCSE Grade C or above in English Language or equivalent.
- RSA / OCR Stage II Text Processing Part I and Part II (Word Processing/Typewriting) or equivalent.
- Ability to work as part of a team
- Effective Planning and organisational skills with the ability to prioritise workload
- Previous experience compiling and producing clear and accurate documents, reports and letters
- Ability to develop good working relationships with officers of various grade and professions
- The flexibility to work in a changing environment
- Ability to identify problems and recommend appropriate solutions
If you are interested and available for this position please upload your CV to the link or contact Hannah Fitzsimons. Hannah.Fitzsimons@staffline.co.uk
To be shortlisted for this role all applicants MUST meet the essential criteria. Please note that these roles may be filled quickly but your CV will be kept on file for future similar roles. As there are so many applications, unsuccessful candidates may not be contacted.
Successful candidates may need to apply for an Access NI Certificate with Staffline regardless if you already have a valid certificate. It will be a cost of between £18 - £33 depending on clearance level.