Open Space & Active Living Co-Ordinator
Temporary Open Spaces and Active Living Coordinator required for a local government organisation based in Belfast City Centre.
Rate of Pay: £11.19 per hour
Location: Belfast city centre
Hours: 37 hours per week, Monday - Friday (09:00-17:00)
Duration: 3 months pending review
- To assist the Open Spaces and Active Living Officer with the management and coordination of all facility management agreements and, or partnership agreements including the administration and collation of information as required
- To work closely with the Events Unit regarding officer and customer enquiries about booking an event in parks and open spaces
- To provide advice and guidance on all matters relating to the department's events policy, assisting customers to complete the required procedure prior to the event taking place
- To assist the Open Spaces and Active Living Officer to establish and coordinate regular programmes, schemes and events to promote open spaces and active living and assist with the organisation of events, fun days and other participatory activities
- To work closely with the Events Unit to ensure that all relevant licenses, legal agreements and risk assessments are in place prior to all events
- To work closely with the Events Unit regarding the implementation of all health and safety measures in connection with events
- To undertake the administration for small events held in the Parks liaising with the Events Unit as appropriate
- To liaise effectively with other officers within the department to identify and develop opportunities for partnership working, developing activities for families and devising schools programmes thereby delivering a more efficient and effective service
- To assist in encouraging the use of parks and open spaces to ascertain opportunities for joined up working
- To assist in the production and collation of service performance data including financial information for outdoor leisure facilities as required
- To liaise closely with the Business Assistant responsible for the booking of outdoor pitches regarding the booking of events
- To assist in the administration of the procurement of goods and services for the outdoor leisure function and to ensure the security of the same
- To collect and reconcile monies at facilities as required ensuring compliance with all cash handling systems and administration procedures and informing management of any discrepancies
- To administer the usage of bowling pavilions for sporting and non-sporting activities by community groups etc.
- To assist and participate in staff training, including health and safety, customer care, cash handling
- To participate in working groups as required, assisting in the development of service business plans and improvement of delivery of service to the public
- 5 GCSE's Grades A*-C including English and Maths or equivalent qualification
- Be able to demonstrate at least one year's relevant experience in providing advice on the management of outdoor events, cash handling/lodgements and working in a customer service environment
If you are interested and available for this position please upload your CV to the link.
Please note that these roles may be filled quickly but your CV will be kept on file for future similar roles.
This may not matter to you when you're looking for a new opportunity, but we just wanted to tell you a little bit about Grafton. We know that finding the right job can be challenging and we have the tools and resources to help you succeed. An established recruitment agency since 1983, we offer permanent and temporary job solutions to lots of different clients in multiple industry sectors in Northern Ireland and Republic of Ireland.