Operational Data Analyst
At Staffline Recruitment we have an opportunity available for a Senior Operational Data Analyst to join a dynamic and prominent energy company experiencing huge growth at this time.
The successful candidate will join a challenging, fast-moving, collaborative and team-oriented work environment driven by performance, knowledge and continual development.
The successful candidate will provide analysis support and subject matter expertise to all operational teams in the Operations directorate. The role holder will also be responsible for investigating and resolving general and formal queries from market participants in line with agreed timelines.
Key responsibilities will include:
- Ensure compliance standards are met across the team
- Manage quality control aspects with the day to day Settlement processing, including automation of checklists
- Development of tools to assist with the day to day Settlement processing and cashflows
- Support the team lead in the coordination and management of daily settlement tasks and training of team members
- Play a lead role in assessing the materiality of data queries, prioritising solutions and making recommendations
- Own and lead projects or parts of larger initiatives and works with others to ensure projects meet deadlines and overall objectives
- Plan and coordinates tasks and projects, coordinating and delegating work to the team
- Analyse and present external and internal data / analysis to identify important trends so that it can be easily understood and utilised by the organisation and market participants
- Review and revises the content/format of management reports and the maintenance and development of the teams reporting systems including KPIs
- Represent the team lead at functional system meetings
- Coordinate and manage User Acceptance Testing for new system releases
- Use own initiative and knowledge to undertake complex analysis to troubleshoot operational issues and ensure that the right business solution is agreed and implemented
- Support the training and development of the Operational Analysts
- Design and develop tools to extract the necessary data to investigate queries
- Liaise with third party vendors and internal teams, to coordinate change requests and manage system issues
- Coordinate communications with market participants and manages queries in line with agreed timelines
- Identify common errors, educate staff, update business processes, work instructions and training documentation where appropriate
- Develop business processes to support day to day settlement
To be considered for this post, interested applicants will meet the following requirements:
- Third level qualification in a relevant discipline
- At least 4 years relevant technical experience
- Excellent presentation skills
- Experience gained in acting as an area representative at a senior level, or potential to act in this capacity
- Effective communicator and excellent report writing capability
- Experience of establishing and maintaining effective relationships with internal and external stakeholders
- Ability to work effectively within a team environment with a flexible approach
- Strong working knowledge of Settlement aspects of the relevant codes/rule books, processes, procedures and systems is desirable
- Experience of SQL, VB and database structures
- Strong attention to detail and quality orientation
Strong numerical, analytical and problem solving capability
- Experience working within a regulated business is desirable
This role will be offered as a permanent position with a very competitive salary and benefits package to the successful candidate.
If you feel you have the experience and skills required for this role, please send a copy of your cv for immediate review to Laura Craughwell at Staffline Recruitment via the enclosed link.