Operations & Maintenance Technician | Water Treatment
The Operations & Maintenance Technician (Mechanical) will carry out the required operational duties, in conjunction with the Plant Manager, to ensure optimum plant performance and reliability.
The role will involve effective communication and interaction with management, team members, clients, and suppliers to ensure that deliverables and company goals are achieved. In executing the role it is paramount that Health & Safety, Ethical and Quality requirements, both legislative and company specific, are fully respected and taken account of.
Your duties are to professionally execute your role with due skill and diligence and work as part of a team to operate and maintain the Water Treatment Plant.
This includes all laboratory & process duties, as well as On Call duties, and other tasks as required.
Day to Day of the Role:
- Fault finding and maintenance of pumps, motors and motorised valves
- Monitor the plant and operation of plant machinery and carry out any relevant maintenance work;
- Monitor the water quality on a regular basis, e.g. Chlorine residuals, turbidity and pH; and ability to work with online monitoring equipment and sensors.
- Use of remote monitoring tools (Log Me In) as appropriate to verify plant condition, and monitoring of alarm dial-outs.
- Availability for response to plant failures outside normal operation hours in accordance with roster for same, and general availability to assist in remote troubleshooting where appropriate;
- Assist with On Call as above, one week in four;
- Provide accurate reporting as necessary, including the use of computer maintenance system (CMMS-Pirana), and monthly report data
- Liaise and interact with the Plant Manager and General Manager;
- Identify opportunities for improvements and efficiencies.
- Ensure that all work is carried out in accordance with the plant's performance management system and the company's quality management system, safety rules, health and safety legislation and relevant environmental standards;
- Adhere to the company's ethical conduct guidelines and maintain a working environment which is supportive and respectful of other employees;
- Undertake duties of a general nature that may be required by your manager
- Laboratory testing, sampling, reporting of results, as required for annual leave cover
Required Skills for the Role:
- Trade qualified Mechanical fitter- Knowledge of the water treatment industry, with >3 years' experience in water treatment plants is an advantage.
- Experience with metering pumps is an advantage.
- This position requires that you must be flexible and available outside of the normal working week to provide/organise immediate assistance to Plant Manager and Clients;
- Must be self-motivated and have the ability to work in a team and/or on own initiative
- Strong technical capability with attention to detail
- Strong Problem solving and trouble-shooting skills
- Effective time management and Communication skills
- Full Driving Licence