Staffline Dundalk on behalf of our client, a leading independent specialist in the drainage industry in the North East, are currently recruiting an experienced Operations Coordinator to join their team at their premise in the Monaghan/Louth region.
Reporting to the General Manager, you will work with a team of multi-skilled Drain Technicians in the delivery of both a reactive and planned range of drainage services, in a fast-moving environment. In addition, you will be required to manage a portfolio of customers as well as the day to day smooth running of operations.
- Plan and organise Drain Technicians' operations activities, ensuring the team has the correct equipment and information to complete all works safely and efficiently, ensuring that work is completed within the required timescale
- Responsible for company vehicles and plant, to make sure that all the necessary equipment is calibrated and serviced correctly, ready to be used when needed, with the support of a member of office staff
- Schedule work to ensure maximum productivity of staff and optimum asset usage, using Proworks tablet system, allowing Technicians view planned work in advance.
- Complete Method Statements, where required, and upload to job-pack.
- Communicate with Technicians in relation to planned and reactive works.
- Manage the job database to ensure customer satisfaction and maximum revenue achieved by correct allocation of jobs to operations staff
- Communicate with customers to advise of job scheduling arrangements. Manage all email correspondence with customers, ensuring bookings are dealt with promptly.
- Preparing quotations, in consultation with General Manager and sending to customers
- Ensure all jobs on the database are up to date and sent for authorisation/invoicing.
- Supervise and monitor operations staff, to include identifying training and development needs and evaluating staff performance
- Full understanding of ISO quality management systems 9001 & 14001 & 45001
- Knowledge of the company H& S Policy / RAMS, ensuring all requirements and RAMS are completed and understood by staff prior to commencement of jobs
- Review and approve supply requisitions for equipment and consumables, ensuring adherence to budgetary limits
- Travel to various customer sites as part of the work, as and when required.
- Liaise daily with General Manager, with weekly reporting to management.
- Other operations duties that arise to meet the needs of the business.
Skills, qualifications and experience
- Minimum 3+ years' operations coordination, ideally within the drainage, waste or utilities sector. However, those with industry experience in the following areas may also be well-suited to this position - Facilities Maintenance, Health & Safety, Reactive Maintenance, Construction or Civil Engineering.
- Exceptionally strong planning and organisational skills, with the ability to prioritise workload in a dynamic fast-paced environment.
- Proven track record of success in an operations role and expertise leading and liaising with different members of a team.
- Knowledge and experience of health and safety is essential.
- Experience of regulatory compliance with ISO quality management standards.
- Strong interpersonal skills, engaging with customers, operations staff and management and building strong working relationships.
- Excellent time management skills and ability to multi-task and prioritise work.
- Proactive approach to problem-solving, ensuring customer needs are prioritised.
- Excellent IT skills and a proficiency using Microsoft's full suite of business software.
- Excellent verbal communication skills, with the confidence to relate at all levels - operations staff, customers, administration and internal management team.
- Good written communication skills, sending emails and reports as required.
- Full driving licence is required.
The job: This is a full-time permanent role for an experienced operations coordinator, offering a competitive salary, generous employment benefits, development opportunities and varied responsibilities, working for one of the drainage industry's most respected companies.
It is an office-based role, however a company van is provided to enable travel to various customer sites as part of the work, as and when required. Hours of work are 8.00am - 5pm, Monday to Friday, however flexibility in working hours will be expected to accommodate business requirements. On call requirement from time to time given that the business is a 24/7 service and this affects the role.
If you meet the above criteria and are interested in applying for this role, please hit Apply Now