Our client a leading logistics company is looking for an Operations Manager to join their team. Our client is seeking to recruit an experienced, professional, and ambitious Operations Manager.
Reporting to the Depot Manager, you will be responsible for securing service excellence for our retailers, leading and developing teams, delivering a wide range of operational projects and ensuring business targets are met.
The key responsibilities of this position include:
- Work effectively with the management team.
- Assisting the Depot Manager in delivering the Depot targets.
- Lead a team and assist with the management of multiple teams in the depot.
- Leading out on your own development as well as that of your team.
- Contribute to introducing new initiatives and be influential in change management.
- Working using lean principles as a philosophy and supporting standardisation.
- Being 100% focused on Health & Safety.
- Resource Projection Planning in line with budgetary targets.
- Budgeting and KPI analysis and driving ongoing improvements.
- Supporting the ongoing achievement of accreditations.
- Build business relationships with retailers and monitor service levels so they are maintained and improved.
- Support and implement the delivery of the engagement framework through the engagement tools to create high performing teams, continuous improvement, and a high performing culture.
The successful candidate will possess all or most of the following:
- A minimum of 5+ years in a high performing role within the FMCG industry or a similar role in an industry with a large supply chain network.
- Experience of managing in high volume/turnover business.
- Excellent people management skills.
- Ability to adapt to working in multiple depots across the retail and wholesale Leinster network.
- Customer focused and driven.
- KPI generation and analysis.
- Ability to develop solutions in a fast-moving environment.
- An aptitude for analytics and a focus on Continuous Improvement.
- Ability to manage change and bring colleagues along the journey of change management.
- Excellent communication and leadership skills.
- Appropriate qualification in Management or Business will be an advantage
- The ideal candidate will be a team player, strategic thinking, and a leader of people. You will have the ability to work on your own initiative, be self-motivated and have a consistent work methodology.