|Published||16 days ago|
|Contact email||Aaron Savage|
Staffline are delighted to partner with one of Irelands leading Builders Providers and are now recruiting for an Operations Manager. This is an exciting oppertunity for someone who has previous management experience ideally in a building materials/construction background. The successful candidate will have a full operational team in place and the support to ensure a successful career.
The Operations Manager will be responsible for the management of the yard, the warehouse team, deliveries management, and the overseeing of Goods Inwards.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Supervising Goods Inwards, stock control and safe product storage.
- Maintaining a high level of Customer Service.
- Reporting to the Branch Manager.
- Overseeing security and ensuring all vehicles and products are properly reviewed and inspected.
- Ensuring high standards of cleanliness and housekeeping throughout the yard and warehouse.
- Controlling traffic management and supplier deliveries to ensure a minimum level of congestion.
- Liaising with sales staff and customers with regard to deliveries.
- Liaising with the Branch Purchaser to ensure adequate stock levels.
- Managing order preparation for both collections and deliveries.
- Working closely with the Trade & Plumbing sales counter to ensure the smooth transition of customer orders. (Collections & Deliveries)
- Implementing operational Company policies and procedures.
- Promoting Health & Safety standards in the yard and warehouse, ensuring effective and safe use of warehouse equipment.
- Staff management; rosters, holidays, training and/or any disciplinary or performance issues should they occur.
- Other duties as required.
Skills and Requirements
- Excellent communication.
- Organized, ability to work within a team and on own initiative.
- Strong leadership skills, ability to work effectively in a dynamic environment.