We at Staffline are looking for an abitious driven person to join our client who have an opening for an experienced Operations Supervisor & Weighbridge Co-ordinator to join their team. They are committed to growing its business and developing its people. If you are a moitivated, ambitious person, always to upskill, then this is the role for you.
* Provide full support to site Operations Management Team in all activities in running the site when necessary.
* Often the most senior person on site with expectation to deputise as required and act accordingly.
* reporting all exceptional circumstances; including breakdowns, damages, performance and incidents (Safety, Quality, Environmental) when supervising shift.
* Liaise with all key stakeholders: Employees, Customers, Stevedores, Port of Cork, Internal Departments (Logistics, Trading & Admin) when necessary.
* Responsible for coordination of Customer loading activities and stock control and management on site
* Responsible for ship discharge and management of the technical and operational staff as well as contractors working on site when necessary.
* Only fully responsible for these tasks when site manager / assistant manager are not on site
* Breakdown calls, telephone support for customers loading outside normal working hours
Weighbridge & Administration Duties:
* Weighing lorries in and out at our weighbridges at Deep Water Berth.
* Dealing with customer and in-house queries
* Directing the drivers as to which locations to collect from or deliver to.
* Maintenance of weighbridge records and reconciliation of stocks; reporting of anomalies to the management team.
* Reconciliation of ship discharge figures and ensuring accuracy of details in AX and weighbridge systems.
* Running system reports to track data accuracy
* Reconciliation of invoices before passing to Operations Manager for approval.
* Operation of the SCADA control systems to assist drivers with loading as required.
* Booking of haulage, including creation of fixing numbers for same.
* Any other general administrative tasks
* Engage with site management on developing continuous improvements plans for site operations
Health & Safety, Hygiene, Quality and Security
* Maintain high safety, hygiene and housekeeping standards.
* Looking after the upkeep of the weighbridge facilities.
* Taking Product temperature readings and recording same
* Taking of samples and dispatching these to the relevant laboratories.
* Monitoring and checking CCTV systems.
* Checking trailers for cleanliness.
* Safety inductions of contractors and visitors.
* Ensuring that drivers, contractors and visitors adhere to site rules, while maintaining professional and cordial relations with all parties.
Any other duties as required for the safe and efficient running of the site as directed by site Operations Manager or designate.
Key Skills and Requirements:
Candidates should possess the following:
· 2 years (minimum) management / supervisory experience in Operations / Agricultural Science / Engineering role within a large business unit.
· Experience of operating a Loading Shovel is an advantage but not essential.
· MEWP OR Forklift certificate an advantage but not essential.
· Weighbridge experience an advantage.
· Must be Customer focused.
· Must be able to work flexible hours to accommodate vessel discharge requirements which includes weekend and bank holidays work and shift swapping when necessary.
· Must live within easy commute of Cork Port (less than 30 minutes)
· Must have People management experience.
· Be ambitious, flexible , ability to lead a team
· Track record of managing change and driving continuous improvement.
· Implementation and monitoring of all house policies: H&S, Environment, Hygiene, Quality and understanding of legislative requirements.
· Logical thinker, engineering aptitude, employee focused, excellent communication skills and relationship builder both internally and externally.
· Highly professional and commercially aware with KPI focus and experience of delivering results to targeted level.
· Knowledge of Agricultural sector would be highly desirable.
· Third level qualification in Operations / Agriculture / Engineering type disciplines is an advantage.
· IT Skills: computer literate with ability to analyse data, produce reports and maximise potential of business computer system is a prerequisite for this position.
40 hours per week covering 7am to 5pm Mon-Fri with additional hours as required for ship discharge.
Job ref: CRKSL