Operations Team Leader (OTL)
Operations Team Leads have full accountability for managing and leading to achieve business KPIs and goals within their area of responsibility. Operations Team Leads can lead and engage a team of production operatives to ensure safety, technical, quality, service and leadership targets are met.
Health & Safety
- Check that all new employees under your supervision are trained and given such information, instruction and supervision as may be necessary to enable them to work safely, without injury to
- Assist the Managers in ensuring that all hazards affecting your area of supervision are identified and risk assessments are completed.
- Continually seek to develop safe practices and safe systems of work and ensure these are put into
- Set an example in safe considerate
- Driving a quality culture
- Full accountability for technical KPI's ensuring that the company targets are achieved and appropriate actions to resolve and incidents closed within timescales
- Awareness and understanding of actions to support and deliver on Food Safety and Product Quality Index
- Support and when required, lead internal audits for your areas of responsibility.
Production Performance and KPIs
- To ensure a good start of shift, arrive at least 15 mins before shift start, walk the line and complete verbal handover with opposite number
- When required to, attend NPD critical path meetings as Operations Representative. Awareness and accountability of committed trials, ensuring Operations Team Leads attend trials. Manage and engage Production Operatives to be on the line at start of shift and present until end of shift to changeover.
- Management of quality culture - ownership for rejects levels being monitored and challenged if deemed within their control to prevent. Highlight and communicate poor quality material received and reject to supplying area or
- Reduce the creation of 2nd choice material and record reasons for generation.
- Ensure Updated plans are issued to
- Deviation from Plan must be communicated and escalated to Shift Managers, and planning teams, plans to protect service issues must be clearly
- Maintain a good working relationship with the HR Department on all people related matters with full communication and consultation.
- Lead business values by
- Demonstrate effective cross functional team working, including but not limited to, Technical, Engineering, Planning, HR, Learning and Development, Occupational Health, Procurement, Process Development and services to create a focused
- Engage team to make and drive small incremental improvement steps
- Assist in evaluating, utilising, deployment and embedment of a range of continuous improvement and lean techniques to deliver best in class operational
- Optimise energy usage, looking at opportunities for energy reduction and carbon footprint
- To work in a manner that actively seeks to reduce any negative environmental impact in relation to the processes and procedures operating within their area and across the wider business e.g. reduction of waste, recycling
This is not an exhaustive list and the post holder will be required to carry out any reasonable duty that is requested within the role
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE REQUIRED
§ Previous People Management Experience OR previous production experience in a first level management role (i.e. charge hand / team leader with people responsibility).
§ Experience working to technical standards and targets.
§ Computer literate including MS Package.
§ Excellent communication skills; ability to liaise with varying stakeholders at all levels, both internal and external.
§ Self motivated.
§ CI skills and techniques.
§ Organisational skills and the ability to multi-task.
§ Ability to communicate effectively in the English language (written, verbal & listening) to meet business objectives.
§ Proven leadership and management experience within a FMCG manufacturing environment.
§ Previous experience working to Food Standard and Product Quality Index.
§ Leadership Qualification / certified training.
§ Experience in food manufacturing.
§ HACCAP experience and or qualification.
§ H&S Qualification.
§ Previous experience of achievement in continuous improvement.
§ Change agent; ability to demonstrate a previous experience of delivering sustainable change initiatives and results.
§ 3rd Level qualification.
§ Commercial acumen and financial awareness.
§ GCSE Maths and English Grade C or above or equivalent.