Role Profile - Optical Assistant (OA) - LISBURN
Date updated: June 2021
To assist our client inthe operation of the store to achieve sales targets and profitability through driving KPIs and the delivery of excellent customer service, and to be a valuable part of a successful retail team
- Explore customer needs thoroughly, and approach customers to offer assistance
- Understand visual perception and basic visual defects
- Understand the different types of hearing loss and the impact of it
- Analyse prescriptions accurately, and dispense single vision, multifocal and high index lenses accordingly
- Ensure spectacle collections are conducted in a professional manner ensuring fit, comfort and visual acuities are checked accurately if possible
- Book and change customer appointments on the in-store computer systems
- Operate the till effectively and accurately
- Understand and apply NHS practices and procedures
- Achieve excellent Maze scores through positive customer responses
- Ensure customer needs are met at every opportunity
- Provide confident and effective frame selection and styling choices
- Provide professional collections that create a positive lasting impression
- Carry out all basic till transactions and customer paperwork correctly
- Understand and follow NHS guidelines at all times
- Effectively inform customers about all Specsavers products and offers
- Effectively deal with customer concerns and queries including in relation to multifocal lenses and hearing devices
- To accurately describe the term presbyopia and describe the different ways it can be treated
- Resolve any visual problems that customers have with new glasses
- Carry out basic maintenance checks for hearing devices
- Deliver complex dispensing and advanced problem solving
- Recognise abnormal ocular conditions
- Dispense complex prescriptions including ability to demonstrate how to calculate edge thickness for a variety of frames and lenses, including plus and minus prescriptions and oblique cyls and lenticular lenses
- Actively demonstrate a number of ways to help control costs in your store
- Meet and exceed all personal and team goals
- Be an ambassador for our clients brand at all times
Essential skills include
- Experience of operating in the retail sector
- A high standard of spoken and written English
- A high level of interpersonal skills with the ability to build working relationships with a wide range of people
- Effective communication skills, both written and verbal
- Strong customer service focus
- Organisation skills
Desirable skills include
- Knowledge of optical/audiology operations and products
CARE FOR EACH OTHER
We respect, support and care for each other to be the best we can be.
WORK AS ONE TEAM
We do the right thing for our customers, for each other and for everyone.
KEEP IT SIMPLE, GET IT DONE
We focus on getting the job done and making a difference.
ALWAYS IMPROVE THINGS
We use everyday small improvements to drive the business forward.
TREAT MONEY WISELY
We keep an eye on spend and make smart, sensible and sustainable choices.
DO THE RIGHT THING
We encourage and help each other to achieve our goals.
Why use Staffline? This may not matter to you when you're looking for a new opportunity, but we just wanted to tell you a little bit about Staffline. We know that finding the right job can be challenging and we have the tools and resources to help you succeed. An established recruitment agency since 1983, we offer permanent and temporary job solutions to lots of different clients in multiple industry sectors in Northern Ireland and Republic of Ireland. For further information please apply with your up to date CV by clicking the button.