PA/Secretary to Directors
2 Temporary PA/Secretaries required for a large public sector client based in Belfast City Centre.
Rate of Pay: £15.78 per hour
Location: Cecil Ward Building, Linenhall Street
Hours: 37.5 hours per week
Duration: 2 months pending review
- Compose and type confidential letters, reports, etc. either on own initiative or in accordance with general or specific directions, or as prepared or dictated by the director
- Open all private and confidential mail sent to the director and departmental mail
- Arrange appointments and meetings, take messages and arrange interviews
- In the absence of the director and DMT, meeting with callers asking to see them.
- Assist with the preparation of committee reports within the deadlines involved
- Maintain the personal filing systems and diary of appointments for the director
- Filter telephone calls for the director and management team and make calls as required on their behalf
- Deal with members of the council, Members of the Local Assembly (MLA's), Members of the European Parliament (MEP's) and other elected representatives and liaise between the Strategic Director and other senior and departmental managers
- Deal with complaints and enquiries from the general public and liaise with other departments and outside agencies as necessary
- Organise and book travel and accommodation arrangements for the director and team and departmental officers attending conferences and meetings
- Service the meetings of the departmental management team and other meetings chaired by the director, inclusive of taking shorthand and audio notes and preparing draft minutes and other relevant documents
- Provide secretarial support to the management team including typing/audio support
- Make first contact with visitors to the director and departmental management team
- Attend and take notes of investigating interviews or hearings in connection with disciplinary and grievance procedures
- Supervise the work of assigned staff and assist, as directed, in the supervision and programming of work of other secretarial and Business Support staff
- Ensure that appropriate arrangements are made for the provision of hospitality as required by the director and departmental management team
- 5 GCSEs (Grades A* - C) including English or equivalent qualifications
- Be able to demonstrate by providing specific examples at least twoyears' relevant experience in each of the following areas;
- carrying out secretarial and administrative duties to strict deadlines including, maintaining a filing system, processing internal mail and effective word processing;
- diary management, including arranging meetings and appointments, and liaising with senior managers, elected members or board members;
- supervising administrative staff on a daily basis within an office environment
If you are interested and available for this position please upload your CV to the link.
Please note that these roles may be filled quickly but your CV will be kept on file for future similar roles.