|Published||18 days ago|
|Contact email||Angela Hughes|
Full Time hours - to include evenings/weekends as required
£35,000 - £42,000 per annum
NURSES!! WE NEED YOU!!
AS A FORMER NURSE, I UNDERSTAND HOW STRESSED, UNDER-APPRECIATED & UNDER-VALUED NURSES CAN BE MADE TO FEEL. HERE AT STAFFLINE, WE HAVE AMAZING OPPORTUNITIES AVAILABLE FOR A RANGE OF NURSING SPECIALITIES INCLUDING THEATRES, ICU, SURGICAL & ENDOSCOPY.
OUR CLIENT UNDERSTANDS THAT NURSES ARE A VITAL PART OF THE TEAM & ENSURE THEIR STAFF ARE APPRECIATED, RESPECTED & VALUED. WITH FLEXIBLE WORKING HOURS, STATE OF THE ART CLINICAL SETTINGS & A FANTASTIC MULTI-DISCIPLINARY TEAM, MAKING THE MOVE TO WORK WITHIN THE PRIVATE HEALTHCARE SECTOR WILL BE A HUGE STEP IN THE RIGHT DIRECTION!
CONTACT ME DIRECTLY AT STAFFLINE BELFAST OR FIND CONTACT DETAILS LISTED AT THE BOTTOM OF THIS PAGE.
This position offers an excellent platform for nurses who are looking to strengthen their experience and skills in a private hospital setting whilst continuing to focus on providing the highest standard of care for our patients. The post-holders will provide first-class direct patient care within various areas of the hospital's PACU including the Recovery Unit and a 2 - bedded ICU. Our surgical specialities cover Orthopaedics, Gynaecology, Plastic Surgery, Urology, ENT, Ophthalmology, General Surgery, Spinal Surgery, Bariatric Surgery, Endoscopy and Cardiac.
- Excellent Salary with Annual Increments
- £3,500 Sign on Bonus (Paid in First Month's Salary)
- Salary Uplift after 6 Month's Probation
- Enhanced Rates for Unsociable Hours
- Contributory Pension Plan
- 25 Annual Holidays
- 10 Public Holidays
- Private Medical Insurance
- Life Assurance (4 x Salary)
- Income Protection (60% Salary)
- Membership Club
- Free Financial Planning Advice
- Development Opportunities
- Relevant Training Funded by Company
- Free Lunches
- Discount for Family and Friends
- Christmas Holiday Closure
- To provide skilled nursing care and to demonstrate a high standard of nursing practice in the assessment, implementation, and evaluation of patient care. This will extend to High Dependency and Critical care within our PACU Department as well as the Recovery unit.
- To ensure that care is delivered as per hospital policies.
- To participate in a 'supernumerary' period within the ICU where appropriate training will be given.
- To participate in the 'Induction Programme' of nursing and other non-clinical staff, as applicable after appropriate training.
- To ensure that custody, administration, and recording of medication are in accordance with hospital and NMC guidelines.
- To inform the PACU Manager of any matters affecting the professional standard of patient care.
* To supervise the professional work of non-medical staff.
* To support other team members in their professional work.
* To be aware of current issues and policies within the hospital.
* To assist the PACU Manager with the cost-effective use of resources in patient care delivery.
Standard of Care:
* To deliver high quality patient care that is clinically effective, evidence-based, and appropriate.
* To assess, plan, implement, and evaluate care as part of a collaborative programme of patient care.
* To ensure that IPC regulations are adhered to at all times.
* Work alongside the multi-disciplinary team, to ensure the safety of patients at all times.
* To administer medicines in accordance with NMC guidelines and hospital policies and procedures.
* To keep accurate and complete records consistent with regulations, policies, and procedures.
* To demonstrate an organised, effective, and timely approach to all tasks.
* To recognise when colleagues need assistance and offer practical support.
* To work in a way that minimises risks to the health, safety, and security of self and others.
* To prepare appropriately for the care / intervention / treatment to be undertaken including the risks to be managed.
* To take the appropriate action to manage an emergency, summoning assistance immediately when this is necessary.
* To communicate effectively within the multi-disciplinary team throughout the hospital.
* To co-ordinate patient care and liaise effectively with other disciplines involved.
* To maintain patient confidentiality at all times.
* To liaise and communicate effectively with patients and relatives regarding patient care and treatment.
Health & Safety:
* To be aware of the hospital policies and practice in accordance with regulations.
* To ensure safety is maintained in the post anaesthetic recovery stage.
* To prepare the patient psychologically and physically for any planned procedure.
* To support others in maintaining health, safety, and security.
* To respond to, record and report any adverse events or incidents relating to the intervention / treatment with an appropriate degree of urgency.
* To accurately test equipment and identify any deviations from required performance standards together with their likely causes.
* To correctly and safely install and integrate equipment components.
* To identify and assess the potential risks involved in work activities / processes for self and others.
* To report to the PACU Manager any reportable incident or accidents involving staff, patients, or visitors.
* To attend annual statutory training in Fire, Manual Handling, Infection Control, and Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation.
* To report any defective or faulty equipment to the PACU Manager, as appropriate.
* To ensure proper care and usage of equipment in the Recovery and ICU area.
* To assist with and participate in the in-service training programme (including staff orientation induction programme) to enhance patient care.
* To maintain and up-date own professional development.
* To supervise qualified and unqualified staff.
* To attend annual pre-registration assessment update sessions.
* To report on study days / courses attended to other members of Recovery staff.
* To rotate as required, for professional update, to ensure statutory and personal development is achieved in line with the Personal Development Plan agreed during the annual appraisal.
* To share updated skills with night duty staff (if applicable) to further improve 24-hour continuity of patient care.
* With appropriate training and support, to take charge of a shift without direct supervision in certain areas of the PACU.
* To participate in integrated governance and risk assessment and its reporting, as required.
* To participate in the on-call rota for the department
- Qualified RGN with PACU/ICU/HDU experience
- Live NMC Registration at time of application.
- Up to date administration of intravenous medicines course.
- Experience to include 2+ years post registration.
- 1+ years' experience in ICU/HDU setting
- Experience in anaesthetic care and airways management.
- Membership with a professional body
- Good interpersonal skills, both verbal and written.
- Evidence of problem solving and decision making skills.
- Good team player.
- Ability to be reflective, accept criticism and act constructively.
- Willingness to accept additional responsibilities.
- Punctual time keeper.
- Ability to work core hours.
- Flexibility for cover
- Current experience in ICU will be looked upon favourably.
- Experience in Orthopaedics, Endoscopy, Gynaecology, General Surgery, Plastic Surgery, Urology, and Paediatric Surgery.
Please forward your CV to Angela Hughes at Staffline Recruitment by clicking on APPLY. You can also contact Angela on 02890242824 ext 404 or on 07826064920.