DEPARTMENT and JOB OVERVIEW
This position supports the clients Contracts Team on a variety of transactional matters, which include counseling clients, working with document and matter management systems, managing contract form libraries, and drafting contract language and communications. In addition to the standard transaction support, the paralegal manages escalation of transactional issues through the legal department, and consistent with Enterprise Policies, Procedures and Ongoing Board Resolutions.
- Counsel clients
- Work with document and matter management systems
- Manage contract form libraries
- Draft contract language and communications
- Manage escalation of transactional issues through the legal department and consistent with Enterprise Policies, Procedures and Ongoing Board Resolutions
- Maintain files in a consistent manner
- Ensure confidentiality of information is kept to the highest of standards
Skills and Experience - Essential:
- Prioritise work
- Work independently
- Manage to deadlines and communicate clearly and concisely
- Work in a team or individually, as the circumstances require
- Multitask to meet demanding deadlines
- Provide exceptional client service
- Respond quickly to the needs of clients and colleagues
- Strong skills in Microsoft Word
- Strong analytical skills to understand basic to intermediate contracts
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Attention to detail
- University degree preferable Law or equivalent legal experience in a similar role
This role is based in Larne, at present the successful candidate will work hybrid with at least 1 day per week on site, but when required may have to work 5 days on site.
Should the hybrid working model be removed the successful candidate will be based on site 5 days per week.
The panel cannot make assumptions when shortlisting therefore please demonstrate your qualifications and experience on your CV relevant to the criteria outlined.
Pending the number of applications, the criteria for the position may be enhanced to facilitate shortlisting.