Temporary Park Wardens required for a local government organisation based at various locations in Belfast.
Rate of Pay: £11.19 per hour
Location: Various locations in Belfast
Hours: 37 hours per week, Monday - Friday
Duration: 1 month pending review
- To enforce bye-laws, dog control orders, litter code and carry out alcohol enforcement.
- To undertake full range of duties in relation to anti-social behaviour; including:
- Regular walkabouts or patrols in parks, cemeteries, allotments etc. to identify problems and enforce relevant by-laws or legislation relating to antisocial behaviour.
- Drinking, littering, graffiti in parks and open spaces
- Dumping/fly tipping
- Dog fouling
- Undertaking enforcement within parks and open spaces, at key events and at seasonal periods alongside partner agencies; and in particular the police
- Issuing of warning notices and fixed penalties as appropriate
- To patrol and clock in at designated sites and maintain orderly conduct of the public ensuring general safety; to give guidance and deal with any complaints in relation to the relevant sites.
- To lift litter, waste, rubbish and hazardous materials such as glass bottles, dog fouling etc. and ensure that all such materials are disposed of appropriately.
- To examine vandalised areas ensuring as much as possible that the vandalised area is made safe and to also furnish reports on observations and the actions taken.
- To update and maintain park opening signs removing any graffiti or other disfigurements, whilst also ensuring that the correct opening hours are displayed. To carry out minor repairs on these signs if required, and to display stencils and temporary signage, on a range of issues as directed by Park Management.
- To undertake routine inspection of paths, parks furniture, lighting etc. completing the necessary inspection records and reporting any faults / issues.
- To provide attendant duties at park buildings, playgrounds, pavilions, properties and open spaces.
- To carry out visual playground inspections, report any hazardous equipment or vandalism within these areas and make safe.
- To carry out daily vehicle and equipment inspections completing the required inspection documentation.
- To check buildings within parks, playing fields and open spaces ensuring they are secure, opening and closing them as required.
- To maintain records and complete paperwork or computerised records in connection with incidents, inspections, accidents and vandalism
- To use the radio, mobile phone or other media provided as required and operate public address systems to communicate with park users. To use when necessary body mounted CCTV or other supplied equipment to aid in the process of prosecution.
- To drive and maintain in a safe and clean condition the vehicle or other transport provided and report any maintenance or repairs that may be required.
- To issue appropriate literature, customer complaints forms and other information as required.
- To assist in customer surveys if required, including the compiling of information.
- To ensure that work is carried out in accordance with health and safety legislation
- To render first aid when required.
- To undertake security, information and customer care duties at events as required.
- To assist in emergency situations to distribute supplies and relevant advice.
- Full, current driving licence which enables them to drive in Northern Ireland
- Be able to demonstrate one year's relevant experience in dealing effectively with members of the public, working within a security role and working in a legislative/enforcement role
If you are interested and available for this position please upload your CV to the link.
Please note that these roles may be filled quickly but your CV will be kept on file for future similar roles.