Temporary Park Operative required for a local government organisation based in Belfast.
Rate of Pay: £10.41 per hour
Location: Falls Park, Belfast
Hours: 37 hours per week, Monday - Friday (08:00-16:30)
Duration: 2 months pending review
- Driving, use of equipment and associated duties
- To drive and be responsible for any allocated vehicle and trailer (within the post holder's driving licence category) and any authorised passengers. Also to ensure that the vehicle is not overloaded and to ensure the proper and safe use
- To adhere to drivers' daily checks and accident/ incident/ vehicle defect procedures including the completion of all required documentation
- To be responsible for the basic maintenance and cleanliness of allocated vehicle and ancillary equipment
- To load, unload vehicles and move equipment and materials such as mowers, barrows, plants, soil, fertilisers, horticultural tools and sundries, etc.
- To use allocated technology and equipment such as digital cameras, communication and information systems
- Gardening and horticultural duties
- To maintain buildings, including cleaning (sweeping, mopping and dusting) and moving equipment/materials (tables, chairs etc).
- To maintain orderly condition of all locations, that is, sweeping, hoeing, raking, mowing, edging, grass cutting, hedge cutting and pruning and the removal of litter, rubbish and hazardous materials.
- To maintain games facilities and areas including spiking, scarifying, top-dressing, fertilising and also marking of games areas and erection/dismantling of posts.
- To maintain fine turf and grass areas such as bowling greens and cricket squares
- To maintain all tools and equipment in a satisfactory condition
- To use powered hand tools and light plant to perform duties
- To carry out horticultural operations/maintenance, for example, the planting of trees, vegetable growing, hanging baskets, soil cultivation, manuring etc.
- To carry out the recommended control measures for invasive species, weeds, pests and diseases including the application of chemical control methods
- General duties
- To assist with the inspection of playgrounds, play equipment and parks furniture including the undertaking of some minor repairs.
- To undertake litter collection duties associated with these facilities to ensure they are maintained to set quality and safety standards.
- To provide Community Park Manager with all relevant information required for the preparation of statements and reports of evidence
- To report to management any accidents, incidents, defects, hazardous equipment, acts of vandalism and other park related incidents or complaints involving staff members or members of the public.
- To complete all associated paperwork for example, daily records sheets.
- To ensure effective communication with site users, other members of the team and line management.
- To undergo training as and when required.
- To assist in emergency situations where appropriate, including the distribution of supplies and relevant advice.
- Applications must possess a full and current C1+E driving licence
- Possess a full, current Driver Certificate of Professional Competence (CPC)
- Be able to demonstrate at least one years experience in undertaking gardening/horticulture duties, using powered hand tools and equipment safely and dealing with members of the public in a face to face environment
If you are interested and available for this position please upload your CV to the link.
Please note that these roles may be filled quickly but your CV will be kept on file for future similar roles.