|Salary||Up to £11.59 per hour|
|Published||17 days ago|
- Operate and maintain vehicles, tools and equipment required to carry out any of the duties pertaining to the post, ensuring daily safety checks are completed (e.g. JCB, forklift, mini digger, multi lift lorry, tractor and tractor mounted equipment such as flail mowers, gang mowers, hydro mowers, rotary cutters and loaders).
- Carry out routine maintenance activities including leaf collection, hedge cutting, planting, sweeping, spraying, grass cutting, watering, or any other grounds or cemetery maintenance activities required in the effective delivery of the service.
- Carry out maintenance activities within Council's pitches and synthetic sports ground facilities.
- To undertake required horticultural operations such as planting, pruning, seeding, turf laying and the application of fertilisers and herbicides as required.
- Undertake general cleaning/maintenance duties including cleaning of vehicles/plant equipment and PPE, litter picking, emptying litterbins. Sweeping of paths and roadways, gritting, snow clearance and ensuring same are clear of hazards, broken glass and debris etc.
- Use of power tools and equipment and routine maintenance of same including daily checks on oil, water, fuel, tyres to ensure that plant and equipment are kept clean and sound operational condition.
- Contribute to effective team working, service delivery; deal with members of the public in a polite and courteous manner at any assigned Council location and record and report details of all complaints to the line manager.
- Where required, conduct routine cleaning of buildings, toilets, showers, changing rooms, community areas and pavilions.
- Complete accurate works records, on a daily basis, in line with Council's policies and procedures including vehicle/plant/equipment daily start up procedures, defect sheets and daily worksheets. Report any and all defects to line manager and/or supervisor.
- Conduct visual checks when completing on Council property, taking appropriate action and reporting faults or issues to the relevant Team Leader/Assistant Team Leader.
- Assist with duties in Cemeteries Section as and when required.
- Provide support for Council events and other appropriate activities.
- Where required, hold keys to an allocated building, ensuring security of same and public access where appropriate.
- In the event of adverse weather undertake such alternative tasks as may be required.
- Undertake any other duties within the scope of the post as requested by the Team Leader or Parks and Cemeteries Supervisor.
- Take responsibility for your own Health and Safety and ensure all Health and Safety requirements are adhered to as per Antrim and Newtownabbey Borough Council's Health and Safety Policy.
- To be available from time to time to carry out duties outside of normal working hours and in addition to basic contTo be available to work flexibly in other services during emergencies. racted hours. Such additional hours to be remunerated in line with the Council's policies at that time.
- Experience of working within a small team.
- A minimum of 6 months experience of horticultural or grounds maintenance work including planting, bedding and flowerbed maintenance.
- A minimum of 3 months' experience dealing with queries from members of the public.
Mon - Thurs 08.00 / 16.30
Fri 08.00 - 13.00