|Salary||Up to £11.18 per hour|
|Published||17 days ago|
- Ensure grounds and horticultural areas are maintained in accordance with the required standards and carrying out the instructions of the Team Leader/Parks and Cemeteries Supervisor.
- Operate and maintain tools and equipment required to carry out any of the duties pertaining to the post, ensuring daily safety checks are completed.
- Carry out routine maintenance activities including litter and leaf collection, hedge cutting, planting, sweeping, weed control operations, grass cutting, shrub/tree pruning, floral planting, watering hanging baskets, maintaining pitches/sports area, administering fertilisers/spraying pesticides and any other grounds or cemetery maintenance activities required in the delivery of the service.
- Undertake duties in the Nursery, for example, making up hanging baskets; prepare cut flower and other displays; sow seeds; take cuttings etc.
- Routine constructional labouring, including backfilling graves and topping up sunken graves.
- Carry out routine maintenance of plant and equipment including daily checks on oil, water, fuel, tyres to ensure that plant and equipment are kept clean and operational condition.
- Routine cleaning of buildings, toilets, showers, changing rooms, community areas and pavilions.
- Removal of litter and hazardous waste (e.g. Animal carcasses) from shorelines, beaches and waterways, ensuring correct disposal.
- Completion of written and computerised records (e.g in-house systems, accidents, defects and safety checks.
- Inspect and maintain playground area e.g replace damaged swings; repair fencing.
- Taking booking for activities/facilities in the area (e.g caravan park, special events), taking and receipting of monies where appropriate.
- Hold keys to allocated building, ensuring security of same and public access where appropriate.
- Implement adverse weather programmes i.e. salt/flooding when required.
- In the event of inclement weather preventing normal working undertake such alternative tasks as may be allocated by management.
- Delivery and collection of requested items, including erecting stands/displays when necessary.
- Ensuring Health and Safety requirements are adhered to as per Antrim and Newtownabbey Borough Council's Strategy.
- A minimum of 1 years' experience of horticultural work including planting, bedding and flowerbed maintenance.
- Working knowledge of grass cutting, and grounds maintenance techniques.
- Knowledge of horticultural materials including shrub, bedding, plants, etc.
- Knowledge of Health and Safety Regulations.
Hours of work
Mon - Thurs 08.00 16.30
Fri 08.00 - 13.00