Part time Lecturer (Plumbing)
Part time Lecturer (Plumbing)
The Client: Local Public body based in Newry, serving local residents.
The Role: The post holder will promote and develop a programme of courses in a curriculum area appropriate to the educational and training needs of the area and ensure its effective and efficient delivery so as to achieve agreed performance indicators.
Key Responsibilities and Accountabilities
- Teach a range of subjects at various levels within the relevant subject/programme area.
- Prepare and implement schemes of work for relevant teaching programmes.
- Prepare student assessment schedules and profiles.
- Work as a leader or member of appropriate course teams.
- Design and prepare course submissions for validation purposes.
- Awareness of the welfare of students and maintain a safe and healthy working environment for self, students and colleagues and carry out risk assessments as required.
- Promote courses and services offered within the relevant subject/programme area.
- Maintain a knowledge base relevant to the post through appropriate staff development.
- Recruit/interview students to various courses within the College.
- Follow agreed financial procedures.
- Liaise with employers, Higher Educational establishments and professional associations
- Contribute as part of the team to career seminars, student industrial placements, and educational visits.
- Complete administration duties associated with the post including e.g. internal verification/moderation of student progress, marking and completion of e- registers.
- Attend meetings on matters relating to students, course co-ordination, management, assessment and development.
- Promote and support equal opportunities throughout the College.
- Demonstrable knowledge needed to perform the role and a positive approach to developing own knowledge base.
- An ability to confidently communicate relevant information clearly and precisely to groups.
- An ability to work cooperatively with stakeholders across the College to achieve group or College goals.
- The ability to plan and organise workload
Hours of work: 24 hrs per week, within a Mon- Fri, 9am- 5pm timeframe
- A Level 3 qualification (or higher) in Plumbing or a closely related discipline.
- A minimum of 3 years' (within the last 7 years) relevant industrial, teaching or training experience.
- A full current driving license which enables you to drive in Northern Ireland, and access to a car for official business purposes.
- Willingness to undergo an enhanced access NI before starting the role
- Rates of pay £22.59 (Level 2) - £30.77 (Level 3) per hour
Why use Staffline? This may not matter to you when you're looking for a new opportunity, but we just wanted to tell you a little bit about Staffline. We know that finding the right job can be challenging and we have the tools and resources to help you succeed. An established recruitment agency since 1983, we offer permanent and temporary job solutions to lots of different clients in multiple industry sectors in Northern Ireland and Republic of Ireland. For further information please apply with your up to date CV by clicking the button.