Part Time Recreation Assistants
Our client requires a number of temporary Recreational Assistants to work in Dundonald Icebowl for a range of shifts.
As a member of the Sports Services Team, the postholder will be required to play a key role in ensuring that a quality customer service is provided to customers on a consistent basis through the provision of clean and hygienic facilities and by helping ensure that the highest standards of health and safety for customers and colleagues are maintained at all times.
Pay rate: £9.62p/h
Duties and Responsibilities;
- Assist with the delivery of the centre programme and carryout any additional duties relevant to the post including carrying out Ice stewarding, Skate Grinding, Bowling Customer Service and Indiana Land duties.
- Help ensure that all health & safety legislation, relevant guidelines and Council Health & Safety policies are complied with in relation to the services and activities of the facility and ensuring that any defects or potentially risks are reported to their immediate supervisor, including carrying out relevant checks and completing relevant forms and reports.
- Help ensure that relevant checks and records such as cleaning checks, accident / incident report forms etc are completed in a consistent and accurate manner.
- Help ensure the safe handling, erection / dismantling of all sports / activity equipment within the facility to ensure that all activity areas are suitably prepared / ready and safe for customer use.
- Help ensure that the highest standards of cleanliness and housekeeping are maintained throughout the facility by carrying out associated cleaning duties, operating cleaning equipment/machinery and carrying out relevant checks and helping ensure the safe storage of sports equipment, cleaning materials/chemicals etc.
- Help ensure that all Child Protection and Vulnerable Adult legislation, published relevant guidelines and Council policies are complied with in the operation of the services and activities of the facility, to help ensure a safe environment for both customers and work colleagues.
- Assisting with the general control and supervision of customers to help ensure a safe and enjoyable experience for all and deal with all customer contacts in a positive, helpful and friendly manner.
- One year's experience of working within a wet or dry facility, e.g. Outdoor Sports Pitches, Leisure Centre, Recreation Centre, Private Fitness Club or other sport/leisure organisation
- Previous experience dealing with the general public
- Experience of recording and maintaining information
- A First Aid at Work Qualification
- Previous experience within the Leisure Industry
- Experience of I.T. based systems
*Please note Successful candidates will be required to complete an Enhanced Access NI Check