Payroll & Benefits Administrator | Newtownards
|Published||4 months ago|
|Contact email||Ray McPhillips|
Payroll & Benefits Administrator| Newtownards
Hours of Work: Mon-Thurs 8.30am - 5pm and Fri 8.30am - 3.00pm
The Payroll & Benefits Administrator role is responsible for administering the weekly payroll and associated tasks in a Timely, accurate and confidential manner. This role will provide full cover and deputise for the Senior Payroll and Benefits Administrator including administering of the monthly payrolls and all duties in relation to employee benefits. The role will also provide effective and efficient administrative support for the Human Resources Department including general HR duties where appropriate and as required
- Prepare, calculate and process the weekly payroll in a Timely, accurate and confidential manner.
- Complete the weekly RTI submission, reconciliation of weekly payroll at year end and processing of relevant documentation.
- Ensure absence and lateness across the site is recorded in a Timely and accurate manner, updating systems as relevant.
- Ensure all legislation changes are adhered to in relation to payroll and benefits, advising where necessary on policy revisions.
- Collect, accurately record and report on Equality Commission monitoring information acting as Monitoring Officer for all recruitment for the Newtownards site and responsible for submission of annual and 3‐yearly employment reviews.
- Responsible for own compliance with the Company's Data Protection Policy and Data Retention Process. Must ensure that personal data is kept secure and processed in a lawful manner and that all activities relating to the handling and processing of ordinary personal data, and special category data, comply with Data Protection legislation.
- A minimum of GCSE level Maths & English at Grade C or above (or Equivalent).
- Experience of payroll administration and/or related finance tasks.
- Experience in a busy office environment.
- Highly accurate with excellent attention to detail and excellent numerical and communication skills
- Knowledge of issues that affect payroll e.g. tax codes, SMP, SSP etc.
- Payroll‐related qualification(s).
- Advanced Excel qualification.
- Familiarity with computerised payroll software.
- Proactively strives to enhance existing processes to add value, is open to and curious about new ideas and adapts quickly and positively to change
- Works effectively with others, asks for help when needed and actively seeks to help others, listens to others' ideas & recognises the efforts of others.
- Shares information and ideas clearly
- Ability to react quickly in a busy office environment with a flexible approach to change.
- Excellent organisational skills.
For more information and a full spec on this role, please forward your CV to Raymond.firstname.lastname@example.org OR call 02890242824
The Staffline Specialist Team is a dedicated division within Staffline Recruitment, focused on providing Permanent, Contract & Temporary staffing solutions across; Construction, Engineering, Accountancy & Finance, Financial Services & Insurance, Health & Safety, HR, IT, Sales & Marketing, Senior Manufacturing, Procurement & Supply Chain & Medical, Health & Social Care