|Salary||Up to £18.81 per day|
|Published||26 days ago|
|Start date||May 2023|
|Contact email||Orlaith Fogarty|
Payroll and Employee Benefits Manager required for the Northern Ireland Housing Executive.
Location: Belfast City Centre
Hours: 37 hours p/w
Pay rate: £18.81 p/h
Duration: 3 mos. initial
To manage a small team providing:
- an efficient and effective payroll service to 3,000+ employees
- processing and monitoring Travel claims
- ensuring that all HMRC employment related requirements are met.
- overseeing payment of staffing agencies
- Plan, manage and organise the day to day operation of the Payroll section to ensure all transactions are processed within organisational timescales and procedures.
- Be fully conversant with all aspects of payroll and ensure that there are sufficient staff trained in all tasks to ensure that any staff absences will not impact on delivery of the payroll service.
- Direct and guide staff to reconcile and effectively control the Payroll related accounts within the General Ledger on a monthly basis.
- Ensure that all deductions, both statutory and non-statutory are accurately deducted from salary and paid in a timely manner. Control, monitor and authorise the transfer of funds, advising Financial Planning of funding requirements.
- In conjunction with HR, ensure that sound procedures exist for new starts and leavers minimising under/over payments. Ensure that all overpayments are identified and Accounts Receivable notified in a timely manner.
- Actively participate in the development, enhancement and/or replacement of the Payroll & Expenses systems, liaising with other divisions as required.
- Ensure that all Payroll returns to Inland Revenue, NILGOSC and other bodies are made in a timely fashion.
- Ensure records are maintained to provide confidence that the correct authorisation of payments, accountability and probity of Payroll financial transactions has taken place.
- Ensure that all HMRC employment related requirements are met including PSA's, P11D's, salary sacrifice schemes.
- Ensure that appropriate controls are in operation to ensure that Travel claims paid meet all policy, taxation and financial control requirements.
- Ensure that payments for staff agencies are processed in a timely and accurate manner,
- Provide year end information to Financial Accounting as required.
- Ensure that staff queries are addressed and resolved in a timely manner reflecting the high level of customer service expected from Payroll Staff.
- Identify business improvements with the aim of enhancing the performance of the section.
- Ensure that all relevant procedures are documented.
- Develop KPI's for the section and a system for monitoring them, including a monthly report to the Shared Services Manager & the Assistant Director - Financial Support Services.
- Represent the Finance division on internal committees and working groups, and external groups, as assigned by the Shared Services Manager.
- Deputise for the Payments Manager / Income Managers as required.
- Maintain effective systems to fulfil the requirements of legislation, accounting standards, Board policy and financial control. This will involve reaction to, and anticipation of, changes in legislation and policy.
- Manage section staff and provide suitable arrangements for training, motivation, and discipline and performance assessment.
- Assist with ad hoc investigations and reports, while ensuring that regular reports are produced and circulated in a timely manner.
- Ensure that appropriate risk management, business continuity, business contingency and system security documentation is in place for relevant area of responsibility.
Candidates should have a recognised qualification in UK payroll accredited by the Chartered Institute of Payroll Professionals, relevant degree or equivalent
- All the candidates must have a minimum of three years managing a Payroll function
- Candidates without the above qualifications but with a minimum of five years' experience managing a Payroll function will be considered
If you are interested and available for this position, please upload your CV to the link or contact Orlaith Fogarty. Orlaith.Fogarty@staffline.co.uk/02890242824 ext 303
To be shortlisted for this role all applicants MUST meet the essential criteria. Please note that these roles may be filled quickly but your CV will be kept on file for future similar roles. As there are so many applications, unsuccessful candidates may not be contacted.
Successful candidates may need to apply for an Access NI Certificate with Staffline regardless if you already have a valid certificate. It will be a cost of between £18 - £33 depending on clearance level.