Permanent: 38 hours per week
The Client: Situated at the edge of Kilkeel Harbour in Northern Ireland, our client boast a newly refurbished facility entirely focussed on producing delicious, sustainably sourced Scampi , caught in British and Irish Waters
The Role: The role will involve using Sage 50 payroll to manage and process a weekly payroll for approximately 250 employees in a timely and accurate manner as well as completing various payroll reports.
The post holder will have a strong commitment to confidentiality
- Calculating hours and overtime using a time clock system and entering data onto Excel, using pivot tables to extract data to be uploaded to Sage 50 payroll.
- Maintaining the payroll processing system and records by gathering, calculating, and inputting data. · Processing a weekly payroll using Sage 50 Payroll including statutory year end returns and P60s.
- Deal with correspondence from HMRC.
- Deal with employee queries regarding wages, deductions, attendance, and time records.
- Receive and coordinate requests for leave and other absences.
- Adhere to payroll policies and procedures and comply with relevant law.
- Identify, investigate and resolve discrepancies in timesheet and payroll records.
- Honour confidentiality of employees' pay records.
- Complete payroll reports for record-keeping purposes or managerial review
- Answering telephone calls to deal with employee sickness/absence and recording this for their personal and payroll record.
- Flexible and adaptable in approach to work with the ability to multi-task
- Reliable and dedicated to the role
- Meticulous and accurate
- Excellent attention to detail
- Good communicator and personable
- Highly organised with the ability to prioritise
- Process driven
This is an outline job description and may be subject to change, according to the needs of the company, in consultation with the post holder.
- Commitment to confidentiality.
- Strong working knowledge of Sage 50 Payroll
- 2+ years payroll experience
- Excellent IT skills with proven experience in all Microsoft Packages and a good knowledge of spreadsheets and pivot tables.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Confident telephone manner and highly developed interpersonal and oral communication skills.
- The ability to work as part of team as well as on own initiative.
- Good time management.
- Good standard of formal education with above average literacy and numeracy Desirable:
- Experience in a managerial position
- Experience with a piece rate pay system
- Competitive Salary
- Holiday Entitlement
Hours of work:
- Mon - Thursday 8am - 5pm/ Friday 9am - 1pm
- Why use Staffline? This may not matter to you when you're looking for a new opportunity, but we just wanted to tell you a little bit about Staffline. We know that finding the right job can be challenging and we have the tools and resources to help you succeed. An established recruitment agency since 1983, we offer permanent and temporary job solutions to lots of different clients in multiple industry sectors in Northern Ireland and Republic of Ireland. For further information please apply with your up to date CV by clicking the button.