This family owned company has earned a well deserved reputation in the environmental services industry having provided innovative solutions for 50 years in Northern Ireland.
Staffline are delighted to be working with them to recruit a Payroll Officer to operate from their Newry office.
The Payroll Officer will be responsible for the Group's payroll operations ensuring that all payments are accurate and on time and that appropriate and accurate information is provided to management, HMRC, pension providers and other external bodies.
- To provide a timely, accurate, efficient and effective weekly and monthly payroll service using Sage Payroll package
- To process weekly and monthly payroll amendments including starters, leavers, contract changes, tax code changes etc.
- To collate and input weekly and monthly payroll data including timesheets and expenses claims.
- To process transactions relating to salary sacrifice schemes, maternity and paternity leave and other relevant schemes
- To conduct regular checks to ensure the integrity of the payroll database
- To process monthly payments to employees, HMRC, pension providers and other external bodies
- To complete payroll management reports, weekly and monthly payroll / HMRC reports and returns, year end returns, pension returns etc.
- To deal with enquires from employees and management as they arise
- To identify, investigate and resolve discrepancies in timesheet and payroll records
- To coordinate annual leave and other absences and maintain relevant time and attendance systems
- To support the HR team with any other appropriate duties as may be required
- Minimum of three years experience in a Payroll administrative role
- Highly numerate with a systematic approach to problem solving
- Strong verbal and written communication skills are essential as well as having attention to detail, time management and being approachable
- Excellent time management and organisational skills
- PC literate in Microsoft Office Applications including Excel, Word, PowerPoint and Outlook
- Desirable to have working experience with Sage Payroll and/or North Time & Data systems
Full job description and salary information available upon application.
For more information, please forward your CV to email@example.com OR call on 07967839600.
The Staffline Specialist Team is a dedicated division within Staffline Recruitment, focused on providing Permanent, Contract & Temporary staffing solutions across; Construction, Engineering, Accountancy & Finance, Financial Services & Insurance, Health & Safety, HR, IT, Sales & Marketing, Senior Manufacturing, Procurement & Supply Chain & Medical, Health & Social Care