Role: Pensions Payroll Administrator
Salary: £25,000 - £28,000, negotiable DOE plus pension & private medical insurance
This leading utilities firm own one of the largest electricity transmission and distribution networks in the UK. They have been operating in Northern Ireland and beyond for over 50 years.
As a result of a planned sabbatical, Staffline Specialist Recruitment is supporting them to recruit a Pensions Payroll Administrator to operate from their Belfast site on a fixed contract basis.
This is a fantastic opportunity for an experienced Payroll professional to gain experience with this industry leader in their field. You will be joining a dynamic finance team within an award winning company which places particular emphasis on investment in people. If you are interested in finding out more, send your CV to me in confidence.
The main duties are outlined below.
- Collating information from post and retirement correspondence to add and remove members from the online payroll platform.
- Processing of the monthly pensioner payroll.
- Downloading third party reports from the online payroll platform to process payments.
- Treasury management including cash flow and payments to individuals.
- Dealing with calls from pension scheme members.
- Correspondence with pension scheme members, solicitors and other third parties.
- Collating contribution information from a range of sources to populate and submit monthly files to third parties.
- Record keeping using online pension administration platform.
- Use of IT systems, including all relevant databases.
- Accurate and timely creating, updating and maintaining of spread sheets and online platforms.
- Provision of general administrative duties. e.g. photocopying, scanning, filing, input/update records, typing letters/memos/reports, etc.
- A good standard of education with evidence of literacy and numerical competence including GCSE passes at Grade C (or equivalent) including Mathematics and English Language and a minimum of two years experience gained within a clerical I administrative function within a busy office environment.
- A minimum of three years relevant experience in a similar role that required the ability to work under minimal supervision.
- Experience of dealing with people and resolving queries.
- A high level of IT competence in Microsoft Office (in particular Microsoft Excel and Word).
- Ability to adapt to change and learn new skills I tasks quickly
- Strong communication (both verbal and written) and the ability to influence.
- Evidence of workload organisation, prioritisation and management
- Ability to demonstrate a high level of attention to detail I accuracy.
- A current driving licence and access to a vehicle.
- A relevant payroll or professional qualification.
- Previous experience of using online administration and I or payroll platforms.
- £25k-£28k salary.
The Staffline Specialist Team is a dedicated division within Staffline Recruitment Ireland, focused on providing Permanent, Contract & Temporary staffing solutions across; Financial Services, Insurance, Construction, Engineering, Accountancy & Finance, Health & Safety, HR, IT, Sales & Marketing, Manufacturing and Procurement.