The post primarily involves the administration of the HSC Pensions Scheme and the facilitation of queries from scheme members and pensioners.
KEY DUTIES / RESPONSIBILITIES
- Administer the HSC Pension Service Scheme on behalf of scheme members, pensioners and deferred members in accordance with scheme legislation and within the timescales set in service delivery agreement.
- Calculate all benefit payments due to Scheme members or their dependants
- Check all system calculations ensuring accuracy in accordance with scheme regulations, HMRC regulations and Government Actuary's tabled factors.
- Ensure correct data is extracted for payment purposes.
- Plan and process payroll runs within service delivery timetables.
- Process all pre-retirement awards, estimates and advise letters.
- Deal appropriately with complex or sensitive information.
- Pursue recovery of overpayments
- Deal with routine and complex queries from Scheme members, pensioners
3.1 Maintain a comprehensive knowledge and understanding of HSC Pension Scheme regulation
3.2 Maintain a comprehensive knowledge of potential HMRC pension related tax charges
- Ensure all cheques are receipted and recorded promptly.
- Calculation and collection of superannuation contributions arrears.
- Assist with the collection of all necessary workflow information for input to Service Delivery Reports as and when required.
- Planning and organising own workload to meet service delivery targets and deadlines.
All applicants must have one year's experience working with Microsoft Office or similar.
Five GCSE's (including GCSE English Language and GCSE Maths (Grades A* - C) OR equivalent qualification to demonstrate literacy and numeracy OR Higher Qualification
OR 12 months relevant* experience
- Experience in the use of computers in a financial environment
- Ability to communicate effectively to meet the needs of the post in full
- Ability to demonstrate an acceptable level of customer awareness
- Ability to work on own initiative and with others within a team
(Full JD available on request)