Permanent Assistant Accountant
Grafton Recruitment and the Irish FA are currently seeking to recruit a permanent Assistant Accountant. This will be an excellent opportunity for the right candidate with a chance of career progression.
Irish FA Group of companies
The Irish FA Group consists of three separate companies. The Irish FA Ltd is responsible for the Men's and Women's senior international and youth teams and the organisation of matches and competitions. The Stadium Development Company Ltd is responsible for all aspects of running and maintaining the National Football Stadium, incorporating the new football Education and Heritage Centre. The third company is the Irish FA Foundation Ltd, a charitable company responsible for the delivery of the grassroots development strategy in Northern Ireland.
PURPOSE OF THE JOB:
To support the general day to day running of the Finance Department and to provide efficient, organised backup and support to the finance team and general business as directed to ensure that the finance department delivers its agreed outputs on time to the business.
- Assist in the preparation of accurate & timely monthly management accounts and year-end statutory accounts along with internal reports for Finance Manager
- Participate in the review of detailed Profit and Loss and Balance Sheet, with accompanying variance analysis and narrative explaining any material variances identified. KPI dashboards and other ad hoc finance reports.
- Responsible for controlling all aspects of bank payments and receipts and taking an active part in establishing detailed cash flow reporting.
- Assist in the maintenance and implementation of financial controls in line with the agreed policies for the Group.
- Assist with the budget and quarterly re-forecasting for the Group.
- Assist internal and external audits as directed and requested.
- Assist in protecting the Irish FA's investments and fixed assets as required by performing physical asset inspections as requested.
- Be a key part of the business partnering role the finance department will provide to the wider business.
- Degree (2:1 or above) in a finance/business related degree; or alternatively a qualified Accounting Technician.
- Good ICT skills including proven experience of Microsoft Office
- Ability to work to strict deadlines, prioritise and plan workload whilst ensuring accuracy
- Flexible and adaptable approach to suit business needs, including good problem-solving skills.
- A committed team player who wants the team to succeed and is willing to lend a hand and help others.
- Willingness to learn and undertake further study to become a fully qualified accountant with one of the widely recognised professional bodies.
Hours of Work:
- 9am - 5pm Monday to Friday
- Candidate must have some flexibility with these hours.
Rate of Pay:
- £18,000 - £22,000 per annum.
For more information please contact Aaron or alternatively please apply with your CV.
Please note: Only candidates who meet the above criteria will be considered for this role