Personal Secretary (Band 4)
The Client: Local Healthcare body based in Enniskillen
The Role: The post holder will be responsible for providing an efficient and effective administrative service:
- Accurate input of patient and medical details/information.
- Access PAS, laboratory and radiology results and take responsibility for passing the information on to the relevant medical staff.
- Ensure pathological, radiological reports and other results are filed accurately.
- Deal with telephone and other enquires from patients, members of staff and GP's and implement the appropriate course of action in each case.
- Set up clinics and ensure all pertinent information and necessary equipment is available.
- Arrange and organise theatre and day case lists, ensuring maximum use of amenities, equipment, resources and theatre time. (Within office hours)
- Manage and validate waiting lists to maximise the use of operating theatre facilities and equipment.
- Inform patients about instructions regarding medication in advance of medical procedures.
- Instruct Admissions Office, Appointments Department and Library in matters relating to patient care.
- Draft and type correspondence, reports, results letters, clinical letters, discharge letters etc.
- Prioritise incoming mail and take appropriate action where necessary, process outgoing mail to GP's
- Maintain diaries for both consultants and patient admissions etc.
- Collate accurate statistics on outpatient activity relating to funding assessments, staffing levels, business services etc. Ensure timely submission of statistics to senior management
- Assist with training of new staff
- Any other relevant duties
Hours of work: Full time - 37.5 hours per week
- Private and Executive Secretary's Certificate/Diploma or AMSPAR/City & Guilds Level 2/3 Medical Secretary Diploma/Medical Administration Diploma or equivalent
- OCR Stage 2 Text Processing (Part 1) & Stage 2 Word processing/Typing (Part 2) or equivalent
- OCR Stage II Audio qualification OR 6 months Audio Typing experience OR 80 wpm Shorthand or equivalent
In addition to one of the above applicants must have:
- 1 year's administrative / clerical experience
- Role of Medical Secretary within the Hospital setting.
- Knowledge of Hospital Service/Department
- Knowledge of Medical Terminology
- Knowledge of Computer/IT Systems
- Communication/ Interpersonal Skills
- Time Management/ Organisational Skills
- Ability to work in a team
- Rates of pay £11.53 per hour
Why use Staffline? This may not matter to you when you're looking for a new opportunity, but we just wanted to tell you a little bit about Staffline. We know that finding the right job can be challenging and we have the tools and resources to help you succeed. An established recruitment agency since 1983, we offer permanent and temporary job solutions to lots of different clients in multiple industry sectors in Northern Ireland and Republic of Ireland. For further information please apply with your up to date CV by clicking the button.