Pharmaceuticals Sales Account Manager
Staffline Recruitment are currently seeking a Sales Account Manager on behalf of our client based in Ashbourne Co.Meath.
The Sales Account Manager will manage a portfolio of existing Pharmacy Groups, Buying Groups and Independent Pharmacies, promoting the full product range to ensure sales targets are achieved and our business is being developed at head office level.
The role is primarily based in our offices in Ashbourne Co. Meath but will involve occasional travel to meet with customers in their Head Offices or individual stores (once normal travel resumes - post Covid)
- Manage a portfolio of existing independent retail pharmacy customers and buying group members & develop new and growing accounts.
- Selling a range of Ethical lines, Cold store lines, Controlled Drugs, High Tech lines, Generic lines and EMPs
- Inbound and outbound sales calls, completing pricing tenders, entering orders, responding to queries and resolving customer issues where required.
- Using our Sage IT System for order inputs, stock availability checks and pricing updates.
- Drive sales growth whist managing margins at the required levels
- Develop & maintain strong relationships between the organization and our customers.
- Gain as much feedback as possible from our customers regarding competitor pricing and offers, stock availability and providing feedback on this information to the Sales Manager.
- Running relevant reports to analyze customer purchasing behavior and identify opportunities to drive sales growth.
- Attend and contribute to departmental Sales Meetings to drive business where opportunities are identified.
- Proven sales track record with 2-3 years' experience in an account management role (ideally in retail pharmacy but not essential)
- Candidate must have excellent working knowledge MS Office (Excel in particular)
- Good Analytical skills - ability to probe and address sales issues and proficient in using sales reports
- Use of SAGE or other stock management systems would be an advantage
- Needs to be able to work on their own initiative
- Excellent telephone manner & interpersonal skills