The Client: Local Public body based in Lisburn serving local residents
The Role: The post holder will be responsible for the following:
- Validation and processing of planning applications under supervision of a senior officer.
- Undertaking site visits, participating in site meetings, writing up reports of visits, formulating professional opinions.
- Assisting with the preparation of material for planning appeals and public inquiries.
- Monitoring planning decisions and investigating suspected cases of unauthorised development, interviewing parties, taking statements, inspecting, surveying and photographing sites, writing up reports, representing the Unit in the service of enforcement notices and acting as a witness at court and enforcement appeals.
- Assisting with the preparation of development plans, enhancement strategies and regeneration proposals for conservation areas, town centres and other selected settlements.
- Assisting with research into and preparation of reports relating to policy formulation and development control.
- Managing technical support staff (if any).
- Dealing with enquiries from the public, by telephone, correspondence and face to face.
- Operating the Planning Units IT Systems.
Hours of work: 37 hours per week, Monday to Friday, 9am to 5pm
- - Third level qualification in a recognised planning qualification, e.g. Planning, Environmental Science, Geography, Architecture, Urban Regeneration
- - One year's post qualification experience working in a Planning Environment to include experience in the preparation and presentation of planning application reports in relation to development and enforcement planning matters.
Knowledge of relevant NI Planning Policy and Legislation
Competent in the use of Microsoft Office applications, email and computerised diary.
- - It is essential that applicants hold a full (i.e. not provisional) and current UK driving licence and access to a car or * have access to a means of transport which would enable the applicant to carry out the duties of the post. **Applies only to applicants who have a disability under the Disability Discrimination Act.
- Rates of pay £11.50 per hour
- Holiday entitlement
Why use Staffline? This may not matter to you when you're looking for a new opportunity, but we just wanted to tell you a little bit about Staffline. We know that finding the right job can be challenging and we have the tools and resources to help you succeed. An established recruitment agency since 1983, we offer permanent and temporary job solutions to lots of different clients in multiple industry sectors in Northern Ireland and Republic of Ireland. For further information please apply with your up to date CV by clicking the button.