Planning Assistant (Summer Work)
Rate of Pay: £9.50
Hours: 37 hours per week
Duration: Temporary ongoing
JOB SUMMARY / MAIN PURPOSE
To assist officers in the Belfast Planning Service in providing support with matters relating to planning, applications and planning control. To provide the unit support through the provision of responses to planning enquiries from members of the public. To provide research assistance on planning histories and on matters as required.
KEY DUTIES / RESPONSIBILITIES
- To assist in the processing of planning, related applications and breaches of planning control.
- To assist in the preparation of reports and agree recommendations with the Senior Planning Officer on planning and related applications.
- To liaise with and respond to enquiries relating to planning matters, including those relating to the need for planning permission, from members of the public, in person, writing, phone, email, etc.
- To assist planning officers by undertaking site visits in various locations across Belfast using own transport to record site information and to research planning histories and other matters.
- To provide cover for and advice to the business support officers in respect of validation, consultation and publicity.
- To contribute to continuous improvement in service delivery.
- To assist in studies related to the preparation of the new development plan for Belfast City Council area.
- To undertake the duties in such a way as to enhance and protect the reputation and public profile of Belfast City Council.
- To undertake such other relevant duties which may, from time to time, be required.
Applicants must, as at the closing date for receipt of application forms:
- be studying for a relevant third level qualification, such as Planning and Property Development, or equivalent qualification; and
- have a full driving licence which enables the post holder to drive in Northern Ireland and a car available for official business or access to a form of transport which will enable the applicant to meet the requirements of the post.
If you are interested and available for this position please upload your CV to the link or contact Gemma Lillington. Gemma.Lillington@staffline.co.uk
To be shortlisted for this role all applicants MUST meet the essential criteria. Please note that these roles may be filled quickly but your CV will be kept on file for future similar roles. As there are so many applications, unsuccessful candidates may not be contacted.
Successful candidates may need to apply for an Access NI Certificate with Staffline regardless if you already have a valid certificate. It will be a cost of between £18 - £33 depending on clearance level.