Our Client, A Large Public Sector Organisation based in Coleraine require a Planning Assistant to join their team.
Role : Planning Assistant
Location : Coleraine
Hours of work : 37 hrs per week
Hourly Rate : 1-12 weeks £12.65 p/hr 13 weeks + £14.63 p/hr
Main Duties :
- Validation and processing of planning applications under supervision of a Senior Officer.
- Undertaking site visits, participating in site meetings, writing up reports of visits, formulating opinions and attending development management group meetings.
- Assisting with the preparation of material for planning appeals and inquiries.
- Monitoring planning decisions and investigating suspected cases of unauthorised development, interviewing parties, taking statements, inspecting, surveying and photographing sites, writing up reports, representing the Council in the service of enforcement notices and acting as a witness at Court and enforcement appeals.
- Assisting with the preparation of development plans, enhancement strategies and regeneration proposals for conservation areas, town centres and other selected settlements.
- Assisting with research into and preparation of reports relating to policy formulation and development control.
- Dealing with enquiries from the public, by telephone, correspondence, remote IT systems and face to face.
- Operating the Council's IT systems, including Geographical Information System (GIS).
Full Job Description available on request
Essential Criteria :
- Degree in a Planning related subject, for example Town Planning, Environmental Planning, Urban Planning;
- Be able to demonstrate, by providing personal and specific examples on the application form, 6 months relevant planning experience in each of the following areas:
- Ability to assess and interpret scale drawings and plans, and read maps;
- Compiling and preparing comprehensive reports and correspondence;
- Partnership working with statutory organisations;
- Research and data analysis;
- Preparing and presenting reports for planning applications in relation to development and enforcement Planning matters.
Alternatively, consideration will be given to applicants who do not possess the required educational qualification but can demonstrate, by providing personal and specific examples that they have two years' relevant planning experience in the areas outlined above.
- Experience in the use of Microsoft Office applications to include Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook.
- A full current driving licence (Category B, valid in the UK) and access to a vehicle that will enable the post holder to meet the requirements of the post OR have access to a form of transport that enables you to carry out the duties of the post.
The nature of the post requires flexible working eg work outside normal office hours, including evening meetings and weekends as required
If you are interested and meet all criteria please apply via the link.