Our Client, A Large Public Sector Organisation based in Coleraine require Planning Officers to join their team.
( Fixed Term Contract - 2 Years and 6 Months )
Role : Planning Officer x 2
Location : Coleraine
Hours of Work : 37 hrs per week
Hourly Rate : 1-12 weeks £14.51 13 weeks + £16.25
Main Duties :
- Day to day management and development of Planning Assistants and any technical grade staff involved in processing planning applications and consents, enforcement of planning controls, preparation of development plans, policy and related tasks.
- Engage effectively with a range of stakeholders, to include Elected Members, Council Officers and the general public, dealing directly with queries by telephone, correspondence and face to face.
- The processing of planning applications and consents in accordance with planning legislation and policy, including carrying out site visits, completion of planning reports and presenting recommendations to the development control group or Planning Committee as required.
- Giving professional advice at internal group meetings and at other meetings as required.
- Researching and drafting policy documents.
- Providing professional planning advice to senior management in the preparation of development plans, enhancement strategies, proposals for conservation areas, town centres and other settlements. Management and supervision of staff involved in preparation of development plans. Research and survey work, analysis and report writing in relation to statutory and non-statutory planning studies.
- Preparation of evidence for and act as professional representative of Council at Appeals, Public Inquiries, Independent Examination and court hearings as required.
- Investigating breaches of planning control and the drafting and serving of formal enforcement notices.
- Using the IT systems and software to seek, organise, evaluate and communicate information effectively.
- Ensure staff and self are trained and developed to meet the needs of the Council so that customer satisfaction targets are met.
- Ensure that the Department complies with all statutory and legislative requirements by adhering to these requirements and working in accordance with good governance and health and safety requirements.
- Ensure that all responsibilities are carried out in a timely and effective manner and that general confidentiality is maintained in all areas relating to the work of the Council.
Full Job Description available on request.
Essential Criteria :
- Degree in a Planning related subject (eg Town Planning, Environmental Planning, Urban Planning).
- A minimum of two years' relevant professional and technical planning experience working in a planning environment.
- Alternatively, consideration will be given to candidates who do not possess the required educational qualifications but who can demonstrate a minimum of four years' relevant professional and technical planning experience working in a planning environment.
- Experience in the use of Microsoft Office applications to include: Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook.
- A full current driving licence (Category B, valid in the UK) and access to a vehicle that will enable the post holder to meet the requirements of the post OR have access to a form of transport that enables you to carry out the duties of the post.
If you are interested and meet all essential criteria please apply via the link.