Temporary Planning Property Technical Advisor required for a large public sector client based in various locations across Northern Ireland.
Rate of Pay: £12.87 per hour
Hours: 37.5 hours per week
Duration: 2 months pending review
- Working as part of a team to achieve statutory SLA targets relating to single, multi-unit (large development) and strategic Planning Consultation Responses using available tools, technologies and internal expertise to provide clearly articulated recommendations using an evidence based approach
- Apply planning conditions to schemes where appropriate, based on engineering judgement, NI Water policy, processes, and knowledge of planning legislation and regulations
- Processing and completion of Property Certificates (SLA - 5 days)
- Liaise with Production Lines Asset Performance, Operations and Asset Delivery Teams
- Ensure that decisions made in relation to planning applications are based on relevant statutory regulations and legislation
- Undertake High Level Capacity (Network & Treatment) and Odour Checks using a range of Business Tools to inform Planning responses
- Provide information as required to queries from political representatives, senior management and the Department
- Collation of data and assist in the preparation of reports
- Create sustainable relationships with developers, agents, customers and staff
- Adherence to relative legislation and specifications specific to new and existing infrastructure and servicing development
- Contribute to the development and delivery of new digital platforms and systems. This will include undertaking User Acceptance Testing (UAT) of Case Management and Online Application Solutions
- Have a 3rd level qualification e.g. HNC/HND/Degree or equivalent in a relevant field and a minimum of 1 years' experience in the design of water or sewerage systems or 1 years' experience in dealing with planning applications OR a minimum of 2 years' experience in the design of water or sewerage systems or 2 years' experience in dealing with planning applications.
- Good communication and interpersonal skills with experience of dealing with customers/developers.
- Proficient in the use of MS Office applications including Word and Excel.
- As this post requires you to travel on official duty throughout Northern Ireland, you must have access to a form of transport which will enable you to fulfil your responsibilities. This is an operational requirement and is essential to meet business needs
If you are interested and available for this position please upload your CV to the link.
Successful applicants will be required to undertake a basic Access NI Disclosure check at £18. A person's criminal record will not, in itself, debar that person from being appointed to this post. Any information given will be treated in the strictest confidence.