Policy and Public Affairs Officer
Grafton are currently recruiting for a Full Time Permanent Policy and Public Affairs Assistant for our client who is in the legal services industry. They are the leading provider of advocacy, legal opinion and dispute resolution in Northern Ireland.
- Assist the Senior Policy and Communications Officer in the development and implementation of a political engagement strategy aimed at developing the clients relationship with key decision-makers.
- Deliver high quality parliamentary monitoring and political intelligence, advising key internal stakeholders on political events, and pro-active identification of issues/debates/events of relevance to the profession.
- Build and maintain effective working relationships with external stakeholders and collaborate with internal colleagues to maximise the development of effective and positive messages relating to the clients work policy.
- Assist with the organisation of corporate events and conferences as required to promote the work of the client. This includes coordination and management of the delivery of the Policy and Communications Team's functions and events, liaising as appropriate with other departments.
- Identify, research, develop and promote policy positions on issues of interest and relevance to the company.
- Conduct research and information gathering on legal and policy issues and prepare written briefings on the findings.
- Monitor objectives, targets and performance indicators for the company's policy and public affairs work.
- Attend events and meetings on behalf of the client, contributing appropriately and reporting back.
- Support the Communications and PR Officer with producing content for the company's weekly and monthly internal and external e-newsletters and publications as required.
- Complete administrative tasks associated with the work of the Policy and Communications Team, such as arranging meetings, updating activity logs, dealing with member enquiries, drafting correspondence and updating stakeholder lists.
- Work on specific projects to support the Policy and Communications Team where necessary.
Essential - Knowledge and Experience:
Education to degree level with an award of 2:1 or above in a related discipline e.g. law, politics or equivalent professional experience.
Essential - Skills/Competencies:
- Excellent oral and written communication skills, with the ability to communicate with people at all levels
- High level of attention to detail and accuracy
- Ability to build and maintain working relationships with other team members and with external stakeholders
- Organised and able to prioritise and manage several pieces of work at any one time
- Ability to work under pressure and to agreed timelines
- Proactive with an ability to work on their own initiative as well as contributing to the wider projects/priorities of the team to ensure that objectives and performance targets are met
- An ability to work collaboratively and to contribute to the wider work of the Bar
- A keen interest in current affairs/politics/policy and a desire to learn about the legal and justice sector
- A knowledge of the legal sector and the public policy issues that influence it
- Experience of organising high quality events for political and other stakeholders
- Competitive salary
- Healthcare plan.
Why use Grafton? This may not matter to you when you're looking for a new opportunity, but we just wanted to tell you a little bit about Grafton. We know that finding the right job can be challenging and we have the tools and resources to help you succeed. An established recruitment agency since 1983, we offer permanent and temporary job solutions to lots of different clients in multiple industry sectors in Northern Ireland and Republic of Ireland.
If you feel you have the necessary experience, please forward Leah your CV or call for more information on 02890242824.