Policy, Research and Compliance Officer
Temporary Policy, Research and Compliance Officer required for a local government organisation based in Belfast City Centre.
Rate of Pay: £22.12 per hour
Location: Belfast city centre
Hours: 37 hours per week, Monday - Friday (09:00-17:30)
Duration: 4 months pending review
- Keep under review, update and assist in the management and co-ordination of all legal services research
- Undertake key research projects and be responsible for the preparation and presentation of reports and briefing papers and updates for the senior management team
- Pro-actively undertake environmental scanning in order to identify internal and external strategic opportunities and threats and advise the City Solicitor accordingly
- Review existing and proposed legislation with the senior management team ensuring that the interest and requirements are adequately reflected and co-ordinate service responses to relevant consultations
- Coordinate and promote relationships with relevant departments and committees at the Northern Ireland Assembly and to work with relevant officials in the development of new legislation, policy, performance and compliance standards
- Manage and oversee the policy development process within the service and co-ordinate the development, implementation and review of policies in the service
- Establish procedures/protocol for policy compliance management and ensure integration with any existing corporate planning, performance and risk management processes.
- Monitor, quality assure and evaluate service policies and ensure they are aligned with the strategic objectives
- Represent the City Solicitor and senior management as required at departmental, corporate and external meetings and working groups
- Provide advice and deliver training to relevant staff on policy requirements to ensure consistent enforcement of relevant legislation and compliance
- Review and monitor new developments in all fields relevant to the department's responsibilities, build an information base and disseminate information appropriately through advice , briefings, seminars and workshops to relevant senior officers and inform the strategic direction and relevant policies
- Prepare reports for committee as required and attend committee meetings as directed
- Manage and deliver corporate projects and initiatives including the appropriate research, analysis and reporting as required
- Contribute to all relevant corporate processes including the departmental business plan, work programmes, performance measures and create and update relevant risk registers and compliance audits
- Monitor and manage budgets as allocated in accordance with policies, financial regulations and standing orders to ensure the service objectives are met
- Lead, motivate and develop all staff within the post holder's area of responsibility
- Develop and deliver training to staff and external bodies
- Assist in processing Freedom of Information enquiries and corporate complaints
- Assist in preparing service surveys for both internal and external customers
- Act in accordance with departmental policies and procedures including customer care, equal opportunities, safeguarding, health and safety and any pertinent legislation
- Have a third level qualification in a relevant subject such as Law, Public Policy, Public Administration, Business Studies, Corporate Governance and Compliance or an equivalent relevant qualification
- At least 2 years relevant experience in:
- undertaking research on legislative issues and preparing concise summary reports on the key issues and implications for corporate decision-making purposes
- developing, implementing and reviewing corporate governance policies
- undertaking a leading role in relation to relevant large-scale corporate projects which affect a wide range of internal and external stakeholders
If you are interested and available for this position please upload your CV to the link.
Please note that these roles may be filled quickly but your CV will be kept on file for future similar roles.
This may not matter to you when you're looking for a new opportunity, but we just wanted to tell you a little bit about Grafton. We know that finding the right job can be challenging and we have the tools and resources to help you succeed. An established recruitment agency since 1983, we offer permanent and temporary job solutions to lots of different clients in multiple industry sectors in Northern Ireland and Republic of Ireland.