Our Client, A Large Public Sector Organisation based in Ballymoney require a Pool Plant Operator to join their team.
Hours of work: Casual hours
Duration - Ongoing
Rate of pay - £10.50p/h increasing to £12.70 after 12 weeks
- Maintain, control and record swimming pool water treatment standards within parameters set by STA Pool Plant Operations regulations.
- Prepare and implement a planned maintenance programme and ensure that all aspects of the plant is in a safe working condition.
- Undertake and document regular maintenance checks on all emergency systems and ensure that all relevant Health & Safety regulations are enforced.
- Carry out repairs and maintenance throughout the facility as required or directed by Duty Officers/ Leisure Operations Manager.
- Responsible for safe and correct use of chemicals, ensuring documentation is completed as specified by COSSH.
- Liaise with Environmental Services when required to secure the delivery of remedial works and undertake initial and post completion inspections.
- Assist in the management and supervision of contracts for servicing, ensuring compliance with relevant specification/legislation.
- Compile specific and general reports as requested on the condition, operation and running costs of plant, machinery and associated matters.
- Promote and implement energy efficiency measures.
- Compile an inventory of all tools, keys and other material and monitor and maintain.
- Attend regular external and in-house training to keep abreast of new developments and to ensure skills are up-to-date.
- Assist with any training when required.
- Act as a keyholder for leisure facilities and attend call-outs as an when required.
- By its nature, the post will require flexible working to meet the needs of the service.
- Attend work related training, seminars and workshops as required.
- Act in accordance with the Code of Conduct for local Government employees.
- Comply with and actively promote the Council's policies and procedures, including those relating to Fair employment, Equal Opportunities, and Health, Safety and Wellbeing.
- Undertake the duties outlined above in a way which will enhance and protect the reputation and public profile of the Council.
- Undertake any other duties as deemed appropriate to the achievement of the purpose and function of this post.
Applicants must, at the closing date for receipt of applications, demonstrate by providing personal and specific examples that they possess, within a public use facility:
- 'Time served' apprenticeship as fitter, electrician, engineer or plumber.
- An STA Level 3 Award in Pool Plant Operations (QCF) or equivalent qualification.
- A minimum of two years' working experience in a Leisure Centre or community type facility.
Consideration will be given to candidates who do not have an STA Level 3 Award in Pool Plant Operations (QCF) or an equivalent qualification but can demonstrate, on the application form, that they have four years' working experience in a public use facility
Applicants must clearly demonstrate by providing personal and specific examples a knowledge of H&S procedures relevant to a public use facility including carrying out risk assessments.
Full Job Description available on request
If you are interested and meet all essential criteria, please apply via the link and Leanne Garrett will be in touch if you are short listed for the role.