Port Operations Supervisor
Port Operations Supervisor
Temporary (39 hours per week)
The Client: Leading distribution company, has a vacancy for a Port Operations Supervisor at their site based in Warrenpoint
To provide a professional, business focused, safe and effective means of stevedoring and discharge of vessels. Supervise the day to day Operational needs of the Port
- Follow the Operation's Department plan to ensure that cargo is loaded and unloaded correctly and in adherence to Health and Safety standards.
- Assist the Operations Manager in the day to day overall running of the Port.
- Supervise and manage a team of Port Operatives, including daily planning and creation of rotas etc
- Liaise with Customers regarding service and overtime requirements.
- Implement, complete and adhere to Risk Assessments that are relevant to operating safely of the discharge of vessels.
- Deputise for Operations Manager in his/her absence.
- Adhere strictly to all Health and safety requirements at all times
- If required, to operate a variety of vehicles and equipment i.e. crane or forklift, to move cargo.
- Part-take in all job training as required.
- Take responsibility for your own continued professional development ensuring you stay abreast of latest operational developments.
- Undertake any other relevant duties that may be deemed necessary from time to time.
This Job Description and Person Specification reflects the duties of the post as they exist at this time and may be subject to change based on the needs of the Port. The post-holder may be required to undertake other duties commensurate with the salary and competence requirements of this post from time to time.
- Basic numeracy and literacy, preferably to GCSE level.
- Basic IT skills
- Strong people management abilities
- Excellent communication skills
- Prioritise work tasks effectively
- Self-motivated and driven
- Current clean Driving licence
- Ability to multi-task and make decisions
- Flexible and adaptable to meet the needs of the port.
- Ability to collaborate within a Team
- Flexibility in working hours and location
- Port Related Experience
- Fork Lift Licence
- Crane Operator experience
- First Aid Course
Why use Staffline? This may not matter to you when you're looking for a new opportunity, but we just wanted to tell you a little bit about Staffline. We know that finding the right job can be challenging and we have the tools and resources to help you succeed. An established recruitment agency since 1983, we offer permanent and temporary job solutions to lots of different clients in multiple industry sectors in Northern Ireland and Republic of Ireland. For further information please apply with your up to date CV by clicking the button.