The Client: Local body based in Newry, serving local residents.
The Role: Involves supporting staff in providing a comprehensive range of high-quality, customer-focused services to patients, staff and visitors. The Service Assistant will carry out a wide range of tasks relating to Patient Experience and will be allocated various tasks as appropriate from those detailed below.
KEY DUTIES / RESPONSIBILITIES
- To provide a safe working environment for patients, visitors and staff.
- Respond to all requests for security assistance from Trust staff, patients and visitors in priority order.
- To deter and detect crime.
- To ensure parking and traffic control regulations are obeyed.
- Monitor CCTV screens, responding to and reporting all incidents.
- Receipt / issue and custody of keys.
- Restrain violent patients/visitors and contact the PSNI when required.
- Assist emergency service personnel during emergencies including controlling and directing traffic.
- Report all security related incidents in the appropriate security incident form.
- Escorting patients to and from wards, departments, etc and conveyance of patients by wheelchair, bed or trolley as required.
- Escorting and directing visitors.
- Conveyance of bodies from wards to the Mortuary.
- Collection and disposal of refuse.
- Conveyance of blood and specimens to and from the Laboratory.
- Collection and delivery of post, parcels, laundry, food, beds, equipment, furniture, etc throughout the hospital site.
- Assist visitors / staff with vending machines in the event of breakdown.
- Change medical gases at weekends if required.
- Clean spillages that may arise outside of Normal Domestic Services hours.
- Attend training courses both within and outside the trust as directed by the Hotel Services Manager.
- Maintain duty records
Hours of work: 37.5 hours per week, Mon-Sun (5 out of 7 days on rota)
- Ability to use initiative
- Basic numeracy & literacy skills such as the ability to add read and write and follow written instructions
- Able to speak, read and write simple English.
- Basic IT knowledge is required to handle e-system, computer and smartphones.
- Able to multi task and work in a fast paced environment.
- Job requires frequent walking and standing.
- Must be able to perform rotating shift (including weekends and public holidays)
- Rates of pay £10.42 per hour
- Saturday rate £14.69
- Sunday rate £19.07
Why use Staffline? This may not matter to you when you're looking for a new opportunity, but we just wanted to tell you a little bit about Staffline. We know that finding the right job can be challenging and we have the tools and resources to help you succeed. An established recruitment agency since 1983, we offer permanent and temporary job solutions to lots of different clients in multiple industry sectors in Northern Ireland and Republic of Ireland. For further information please apply with your up to date CV by clicking the button.