Our Client, A Large Public Sector Organisation based in Coleraine require a PR Officer to join their team.
Role : PR Officer
Location : Coleraine
Hours of work : 37hrs per week
Hourly Rate : 1-12 weeks £10.48 13 weeks + £12.95
Main Duties :
- To support the Corporate Communications and Public Relations Manager with the implementation of the Public Relations/Communications Plan for Causeway Coast and Glens Borough Council including co-ordination of logistical operations and provide administrative support to the Council Press Office.
Full Job Description available on request
Essential Criteria :
- A level 4 qualification, or above, in a relevant discipline eg Communications, Journalism, English or Public Relations.
- A minimum of one year's relevant experience working across the fields of Public Relations, Marketing, Digital Marketing, Communications or Media.
- Alternatively, consideration will be given to candidates who do not possess the required educational qualification but who can demonstrate two years' relevant experience working across the fields of Public Relations, Marketing, Digital Marketing, Communications or Media.
- One year's experience in the use of Microsoft Office packages to include: Word and Outlook.
- Knowledge in the design and preparation of public relations or media plans.
- Knowledge of copywriting and preparing press releases.
- Knowledge of Mailchimp and Adobe InDesign.
- A clear understanding of the workings of local government and the wider environment in which it operates.
- A full current driving licence (Category B, valid in the UK) and access to a vehicle that will enable the post holder to meet the requirements of the post OR have access to a form of transport that enables you to carry out the duties of the post.
If you are interested and meet ALL essential criteria please apply via the link.