Principal Legal Officer
Grafton Recruitment are working in partnership with the Northern Ireland Civil Service to recruit a temporary Principal Legal Officer to start ASAP for a duration of 6 months
Pay rate: 0-12 week's £16.50
13+ week's £25.38
Location: Belfast BT1
Hours: 37 hours Monday- Friday 8:00am-6:00pm (core hours 10am-4pm)
- Experience in duties listed below- commercial property law experience
- Must be a solicitor or barrister entitled to practise in Northern Ireland and have 1 years relevant post qualification experience gained within the last 4 years
- Acting on behalf of Government Departments in commercial property transactions. Knowledge of public sector conveyancing would be an advantage.
- Experience in title due diligence, drafting and negotiating commercial property contracts and deeds for sale and purchase and complex development agreements is required.
- In addition experience advising clients on vesting and compensation legislation and representing clients in the Lands Tribunal in relation to compulsory acquisition compensation disputes would be preferable
Successful applicants will be required to undertake an Access NI Disclosure check at a cost of £18/£33. A person's criminal record will not, in itself, debar that person from being appointed to this post. Any information given will be treated in the strictest confidence.
To be shortlisted for this role all applicants MUST meet the essential criteria. If you are interested please upload your CV to the link provided, Fiona Magee will be in touch to confirm if you have been shortlisted.
**PLEASE NOTE THIS ROLE MAY BE FILLED VERY QUICKLY BUT WE WILL KEEP YOUR DETAILS ON FILE FOR ANY FUTURE ROLES THAT COME THROUGH THAT YOU MAY BE INTERESTED IN**
This may not matter to you when you're looking for a new opportunity, but we just wanted to tell you a little bit about Grafton. We know that finding the right job can be challenging and we have the tools and resources to help you succeed. An established recruitment agency since 1983, we offer permanent and temporary job solutions to lots of different clients in multiple industry sectors in Northern Ireland and Republic of Ireland