Role: BESL / Deputy Principal Legal Officer
Rate of Pay: £20.66phr
Location: Registration Directorate, Land & Property
Duration: March 2022 with possible extension
Hours: 37hrs per week
The primary purpose of this post is to:
Provide practical legal advice and assistance on registration matters to include cases, rules,
legislation, guidance, practice directions and solicitor complaints/queries.
- Processing and advising on adverse possession applications.
- Providing general legal advice in relation to applications lodged at Land Registry.
- Providing advice on rectification applications lodged at Land Registry.
- Liaising with Land Registry customers.
- Drafting replies to complaints, Freedom of Information Enquiries, Private Office/Member of the Legislative Assembly enquiries.
- Scoping and implementation of a data cleanse of Land Registry data.
Possess 2.1 Law Degree, 2 years' experience of practical conveyancing
Qualified solicitor or barrister
Successful applicants will be required to undertake an Access NI Disclosure check at a cost of £18/£33. Any information given will be treated in the strictest confidence.
To be shortlisted for this role all applicants MUST meet the essential criteria. If you are interested please upload your CV to the link provided, Kim Martin will be in touch to confirm if you have been shortlisted.
**PLEASE NOTE THIS ROLE MAY BE FILLED VERY QUICKLY BUT WE WILL KEEP YOUR DETAILS ON FILE FOR ANY FUTURE ROLES THAT COME THROUGH THAT YOU MAY BE INTERESTED IN**