Priority Waste Driver/Operator
Temporary Driver/Operative (Priority Waste) required for a local government organisation based in Belfast.
Rate of Pay: £10.14 per hour
Hours: 37 hours per week, Monday - Friday
Duration: Ongoing role pending weekly review
- To drive and be responsible for any allocated vehicle and any authorised passengers
- To ensure that the vehicle is not overloaded and to safely manoeuvre the vehicle on the daily route.
- To safely collect and load priority waste, as identified by management, and transport to the designated transfer or disposal site
- To safely carry out priority cleansing such as street cleansing, land clearance, street washing, street furniture washing, gum removal, graffiti and fly poster removal or obliteration
- To work to schedules and rotas and complete all relevant paper work and collate any information as specified by management
- To prioritise work for the team, if necessary, on a daily basis within laid down parameters
- To wash the vehicle as required, keeping the interior and exterior of the vehicle in a clean and tidy condition.
- To use any equipment and associated materials that is required in the priority waste cleansing process
- Ensuring the safe storage and security of such equipment
- To separate the various types of waste and dispose or store
- To adhere to appropriate guidelines: driver daily checks, accident procedure and drivers' procedures
- Adhere to legislation and appropriate codes of practice including the wearing of appropriate protective and reflective clothing, safety footwear and other PPE: the safe lifting of heavy objects, recognising hazardous substances and ensuring the safety of the public and other staff
- To report daily to management for instructions, returning all relevant completed paper work
- To report to management any accidents, incidents or complaints involving squad members or members of the public
- To ensure that work is carried out in an effective manner, ensuring that all spillages and residues are cleaned up and work areas are left in a high standard of cleanliness on completion of operations
- To carry out general driver/labourer or operative duties in standard waste collection and street cleansing operations as and when required
- Have a full, current driving licence (Class C1+E) which enables them to drive vehicles including vehicle and trailer in Northern Ireland
- Possess a full, current Driver Certificate of Professional Competence (CPC) qualification
- Be able to demonstrate personal and specific examples during at least six months' relevant experience in each of the following three areas:
- driving in a commercial environment;
- cleaning an outdoor area, making sure tools and equipment are safely used in accordance with health and safety regulations;
- dealing with members of the public in person
If you are interested and available for this position please upload your CV to the link.
Please note that these roles may be filled quickly but your CV will be kept on file for future similar roles.