The Client: Local Government body based in Lisburn, serving local residents.
The Role: The post holder will be responsible for providing an efficient and effective service:
- Carry out detailed assessments of offenders (using appropriate assessment tools) including risk assessment in support of pre sentence reports, pre and post release reports in prisons and the reassessment of existing clients.
- Manage a caseload of offenders in the community. Supervise those placed on probation or subject to license.
- Working with and delivering services to the complete range of offenders and to all sections of the community and individuals within various social groups.
- Contribute to the delivery of high quality researched based programs. Services may be delivered on a one-to-one basis or through group programs and activities as appropriate.
- May be required to work as a member of a prison based team providing services during sentence and preparation for release.
- Provision and maintenance of community service schemes for offenders. Ensuring adherence to community service standards.
- Responsibility for community service orders may also form part of a mixed caseload in a local team setting.
- Representation of the courts, communities, prisons and other settings.
- Participating in establishing and maintaining professional working relationships within the organization and with appropriate agencies, organizations and individuals in the community.
- Attending and positively contributing to all relevant meetings, case conferences, program reviews as required and consistent with role and job responsibilities.
- Work in accordance with effective practice principles, adherence to national and service standards, and company policy and procedures in all elements of work. Use of appropriate methods and models of work to ensure the delivery of a high quality service.
- Maintaining and updating professional knowledge by identification of own training and development needs, updating practice and attending relevant training courses, as agreed with line manager.
- Maintaining administrative work including all necessary offender records and ensuring information is entered on electronic System.
- Compliance with policies and procedures in respect of Finance systems, Accommodation and Supplies systems, Human Resources, IT Services and Information Management systems.
- Maintaining standards for security and confidentiality of information.
- Compliance with Health and Safety policy and procedures. Contribute to and promote the health, safety and security of all staff and service users in the working environment.
- Any other duties commensurate with the grade and as required by the nature of the role. The nature and the balance of duties may vary between teams.
Hours of work: 37 Hours per week, Mon- Fri (on occasion evening work may be required)
- Must be a qualified social worker
- Must have a valid driving licence and use of a car
- Must be registered on part one/part one with conditions of the NISCC (Northern Ireland Social Care Council) before taking up post. If Part 1 with conditions (i.e. subject to the Assessed Year in Employment), candidate requested to provide either:
- NISCC form Summary of Learning/Assessed Year in Employment (Student Transcript) for newly qualified social workers embarking on the AYE OR
- NISCC form Attachment to Reference - for Staff Changing Employer or Team Within the AYE (Form Ref AYE4)
- Must have the following behavioural competencies: effective communication, team working, customer focus, planning & organising, problem solving, respect for diversity, personal responsibility, openness to change and resilience.
- Rates of pay: £15.24 per hour
Why use Staffline? This may not matter to you when you're looking for a new opportunity, but we just wanted to tell you a little bit about Staffline. We know that finding the right job can be challenging and we have the tools and resources to help you succeed. An established recruitment agency since 1983, we offer permanent and temporary job solutions to lots of different clients in multiple industry sectors in Northern Ireland and Republic of Ireland. For further information please apply with your up to date CV by clicking the button.