Probation Service Officer - Belfast
Staffline are working in partnership with a large public sector organisation to recruit a temporary Probation Service Officer to start ASAP for a duration of 3 Months (initially)
Pay rate: 0-12 week's £9.50pr hour
13+ week's £11.65pr hour
Location: Belfast, BT1
Hours: Mon - Fri (9.00am - 5.00pm)
- A relevant degree* or have at least 2 years' experience of working within a Criminal Justice setting*.
- At least 1 years' experience of directly working with people with a range of complex needs*.
- Strong administrative skills in using Outlook; Word; Excel and PowerPoint.
- Have a valid driving licence and use of a car for official business or require consideration of reasonable adjustment in respect of disability to meet the travel requirements of the position.
- Contribute to the assessment of individuals by providing information on offenders.
- Represent PBNI in relation to the work of Community Service/Supervised Activity Orders (SAOs).
- Provide customer service. Ensure customer satisfaction so far as reasonably practicable.
- Undertake Offenders Under Threat and H&S risk assessments.
- Contribute to the development and delivery of group/individual programmes
- Services to and work with other bodies in the statutory, voluntary and community sectors
- Provide information to CS supervisors and placements in respect of potential issues regarding offenders
- Monitor and oversee progress of offenders on CS orders/SAOs
- Interviewing of offenders (pre and post sentence)
- Work as part of a team
- Administration including maintenance of records and accurate attendance of offenders
- The provision of statistics/other data/information as required
- Maintain standards for security and confidentially of information
- Attend and provide information to court, if required
- Maintain standards of professional practice
- Make best use of information technology
- Comply with Health and Safety requirements
- Promote equality, diversity and Human Rights in working practice
- Organise day-to-day activities of Community Service Supervisors (including allocation of clients to squads)
Successful applicants will be required to undertake an Access NI Disclosure check at a cost of £18/£33. A person's criminal record will not, in itself, debar that person from being appointed to this post. Any information given will be treated in the strictest confidence.
To be shortlisted for this role all applicants MUST meet the essential criteria. If you are interested please upload your CV to the link provided, Lesley-Anne Fitzgerald will be in touch to confirm if you have been shortlisted.
**PLEASE NOTE THIS ROLE MAY BE FILLED VERY QUICKLY BUT WE WILL KEEP YOUR DETAILS ON FILE FOR ANY FUTURE ROLES THAT COME THROUGH THAT YOU MAY BE INTERESTED IN**