We are currently recruiting for an experienced Process Engineer who will report to the Lean Systems Manager. The Process Engineer provides technical support in order to enable flow, advanced problem solve and improve business processes. They will apply project management techniques in driving a structured approach to optimize process improvement for increased productivity, safety, quality & reduce waste. This particular role involves a hands-on approach to design, develop and oversee the manufacture of jigs, fixtures and other tooling for the production of new products. The successful candidate will play a key role in the New Product Introduction Process (NPI).
Key Areas of Responsibility:
- Working with all relevant departments and giving weekly updates on New Product Introduction phases to ensure a smooth transition into manufacturing.
- Help drive operational process improvement activities, lean manufacturing tools, optimizing manufacturing process to achieve targets and cost savings
- Work with local teams to develop process improvement programs and support their deployment/delivery.
- Developing and publishing operator / process instructions for new tools / equipment / operations as related to new Products; making sure the process instructions support and conform to actual working processes.
- Support the production team in carrying out Health & Safety Risk Assessments and supporting closure of any actions.
- Support production and quality by investigating and resolving daily production issues.
- Exploring and implementing improvements to both documentation and actual work methods where appropriate, during product infancy.
- Validation of processes from design into production through to and finished product.
- Involvement and support with Advanced Production Quality Planning (APQP) for relevant OEM customers' requirements from procurement through to assistance with customer ISIRs etc.
- Assist in the design review of new products, processes, equipment and facilities.
- Ensure that processes and instructions are designed in a manner consistent with Quality, Safety & Environmental standards.
- Aid in the transfer of process knowledge from the manufacturing team to the design team.
- Contributing to the Process Failure Mode and Effects Analysis (PFMEA) process when required.
- Support quality investigations and resolutions.
- Project management and weekly updating on relevant actions relating to the Manufacturing Strategy Plan.
The successful candidate will have:
- A keen interest in working and developing in this industry
- Ideally a minimum of 3 to 5 years relevant industry experience
- Bachelor's Degree qualification (Mechanical, Industrial, Production, Manufacturing).
- Excellent interpersonal, communication & technical reporting skills.
- Good project and time management skills and ability to organise workload.
- Good problem-solving ability with strong mechanical aptitude.
- Confident to liaise at all levels, articulate with good presentation skills.
- Ability to integrate quickly into a team environment and work on own initiative.
- CPD accredited employer - upskilling promoted.
- Work with some of the world's largest OEM Construction & Agriculture equipment brands.
- Collaborative & team focused environment.
- Continuous improvement at all levels.