Procurement and Sales Manager
Procurement & Sales Manager
Commutable from Louth/Meath
Staffline Dundalk have a fantastic opportunity for a Procurement & Sales Manager. The successful candidate will be responsible for leading and motivating the Procurement & Sales team and ensure that they receive appropriate support, training and development to achieve their potential.
They will build relations with new and existing suppliers, with the goal of expanding sales, and market share. The role for an enthusiastic candidate will be to optimise sales and value through negotiation, analysis, planning and people management.
Key Duties & Responsibilities
- Develop & Maintain strategic relationships with suppliers, supporting the development and implementation of commercial supplier strategy.
- Daily order placement/ purchasing from suppliers.
- Manage the supply of stock sufficiently in the short, medium and long term, through effective buying and supply chain management.
- Monitor stock levels against sales projections.
- Manage freight contracts to ensure continuity of supply.
- Ensure Stock counts are performed and reconciled.
- Sales analysis, promotion and marketing strategy.
- Maintain strong working relationships with strategic and long-term suppliers to assure quality, value and delivery targets are met.
- Respond to and resolve queries daily from stores and suppliers efficiently.
- To drive continuous improvement, best value and quality improvements within the team and department in challenging existing practices and actively seek ways to achieve better outcomes.
- Ensure key performance targets are met and corrective action taken where necessary.
- Negotiate effectively and fairly in terms of product quality, volume, delivery and value with both suppliers/ customers.
- Undertake store visits and attend meetings with clients on a regular basis internally & externally
- Ensure smooth and efficient operations at all times.
- Maintain confidentiality with regard to all aspects of the business at all times.
- To lead and motivate the Procurement & Sales team and ensure that they receive appropriate support, training and development to achieve their potential.
- To develop, deliver and manage the procurement processes, procedures and necessary protocols in conjunction with the Commercial Director.
- Willingness to travel (G.B./R.O.I.) from time to time.
- Ad-hoc duties as requested by the buying team and Management.
Desired Skills and Experience
- Bachelor's degree in a Business or supply chain related discipline is important
- 4+ years' experience in a similar role is essential
- Strong negotiation skills
- ERP experience is a distinct advantage
- Knowledge of purchasing methods and procedures
- Experience in the implementation, development and execution of business, planning, purchasing and controls systems
- Knowledge of / experience in the FMCG Sector would be a distinct advantage
- Excellent Communicator: verbal and written
- Strong organisational, problem-solving and analytical skills
- Proficiency in MS Office (e.g. Microsoft Excel, PowerPoint)
If you meet the required criiteria and are interested in applying for this role please hit apply now.