Staffline Ireland are recruiting for one of Northern Ireland's largest public sector organisations for a Procurement Lead on a 5 year fixed term contract working on a flagship project. As Procurement Lead, you will support the delivery of the objectives of this exciting project by driving strategic procurement and delivering best practice.
- Act as key interface between the organisation, the development advisors leading the procurement, other external consultants and the Project Board; ensuring that objectives are achieved from a technical and relationship perspective.
- Provide project assurance; challenging process and approach where appropriate.
- Participate in bidder engagement.
- Perform a quality assurance role in respect of all documentation and correspondence related to the procurement.
- Support the delivery of objectives through strategic procurement and operational best practice - developing appropriate sourcing strategies for project supply chains.
- Ensure that spend is in line with the capital plan and that value for money is always achieved.
- Ensure that all procurement activity is in compliance with the relevant public procurement legislation and best practice guidance.
- Regularly source and utilise appropriate market intelligence.
- Participate in cross-functional teams to develop fit for purpose scopes and specifications.
- Advise on the management of supplier performance, compliance with agreed service levels and adherence to CSR obligations; advise on taking remedial action as required.
- Provide updates to Senior Management, to monthly meetings of the Project Board and on an ad hoc basis.
- Any other duties role may involve.
- 5 years+ experience as a senior procurement lead
- Membership of the Chartered Institute of Purchasing & Supply (Level 6 / Graduate Diploma)
- Experience of procurement in a large multifunctional organisation and in managing the procurement of multi-million pound projects
- Experience in the practical application of the Utilities Contracts Regulations 2016 or the Public Contracts Regulations 2015 and the associated application of procurement policies and procedures
- Demonstrable commercial acumen and experience of supplier negotiation
The successful Procurement Lead will enjoy a competitive salary depending on experience plus benefits.
The Procurement Lead role will be based in Belfast.
To be considered for this position, please forward your CV to Ross McConville at Staffline Ireland by clicking on the APPLY button on this page and attaching your CV.
The Staffline Ireland Specialist Team is a dedicated division within Staffline Ireland, focused on providing Permanent, Contract & Temporary staffing solutions across; Construction, Engineering, Accountancy & Finance, Financial Services & Insurance, Health & Safety, HR, IT, Sales & Marketing, Senior Manufacturing, Procurement & Supply Chain & Medical, Health & Social Care.