The Procurement Manager will report to the Production Director, be a supply chain and logistics expert who will specialize in implementing cost-effective purchases of all goods and services as required by the company, ensuring good quality controls and adhering to the company's policies and procedures on supply chain management.
The role requires an innovative person to lead the purchasing process from selecting suppliers to ensuring stock optimisation, as well as providing guidance on sourcing and procurement processes.
- Building and maintaining strong working relationships with key stakeholders both internally and externally to ensure product quality, order fulfilment, value for money and delivery targets are met
- Preparation of short and long term forecasts for optimisation of procurement process contributing to efficient working capital expenditure.
- Liaising with the sales function and suppliers to ensure a high standard of service to our customers is maintained.
- Co-ordination of new product set-up in line with SOPs and database procedures
- Developing procurement strategies that are innovative and cost-effective
- Actively seek alternative suppliers for packaging, raw materials and service providers, benchmarking with current pricing structures
- Preparing procurement reports.
- Anticipate and prevent potential problems.
- Resolve quality problems with suppliers / user departments and develop metrics for quality improvement and target setting.
- Processing purchase orders, organizing and confirming delivery of goods and services.
- Monitor stock levels against sales projections and plan accordingly.
- Ensure stock counts are performed and reconciled.
- Performing risk assessments on potential contracts and agreements.
- Controlling the procurement budget and promoting a culture of long-term saving on procurement costs.
- Overseeing and managing IT systems that track shipments, inventory, and the supply of goods.
- Adhoc administration duties as directed by the Production Manager and required for the role.
- Batchelors degree in Procurement & Supply Chain Management or Business Studies
- Advanced level in MS Office
- Full clean driving licence as off-site travel and work will be required from time to time