An exciting opportunity for a Senior Buyer to join an award winning locally owned food company based in their Co. Down offices. Joining the management team you will be responsible for the strategic leadership, direction and development of the Procurement function
- Develop and manage the procurement function including establish process and systems for effective procurement practices to aid and improve business performance
- Provide specialist advice, guidance and services on procurement practices to all departments;
- Develop the company's supply chain optimisation plans focusing on all aspects of performance such as delivery, cost and working capital.
- Working with the business to source and procure a wide range of goods and services ensuring optimal value for money within defined services and quality criteria
- Negotiate contracts and manage third-party providers when required
- Identify cost saving opportunities and promote continual improvements in all aspects of the Procurement function.
- Communicate with other departments of all relevant information regarding changes in materials, major price movements, delivery lead times and individual supply situations
- 3 years experience in a similar role
- Experience within the food industry is highly desirable
For more information and a full spec on this role, please forward your CV firstname.lastname@example.org OR call on 07384513095 / 02890323333
The Staffline Specialist Team is a dedicated division within Staffline Recruitment, focused on providing Permanent, Contract & Temporary staffing solutions across; Construction, Engineering, Accountancy & Finance, Financial Services & Insurance, Health & Safety, HR, IT, Sales & Marketing, Senior Manufacturing, Procurement & Supply Chain & Medical, Health & Social Care